Flinders Ranges - Mt Arden

Submitted: Thursday, May 18, 2006 at 17:29
ThreadID: 34014 Views:3337 Replies:1 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
We returned on Monday from 4 days in the Flinders. Weather fantastic & it is still as beautiful as ever.

Did the drive at Mt Arden on Saturday, can recommend it if you are up that way.

Scenery was great, some challenges, a few good camping spots. These are sign posted, so I assume that they do allow you to camp here. If I were doing it again, would camp near the start then do the drive next day, then camp near the end to finish the trip off. It is in Warren Gorge.

See my home page (EO) for some pics.
Russ

Life-often hell but never boring.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Phil G (SA) - Thursday, May 18, 2006 at 17:34

Thursday, May 18, 2006 at 17:34
Hi Russ,

Yeah, Mt Arden is one of the many great drives in the Flinders. We've usually done it from Argadells in the past - usually camp on the property for a long weekend, and do a lot of the other station tracks, which also have some impressive lookouts. You can also drive north from Mt Arden along the Heysen Trail. Great spot.

Cheers
phil
AnswerID: 173382

Follow Up By: Member - Prickle (SA) - Thursday, May 18, 2006 at 21:50

Thursday, May 18, 2006 at 21:50
Phil,

Would be interested in getting more info from you re other tracks and access from Argadells. I take it that the two properties are connected?

Was advised that whilst Argadells is not necessarilly a 4x4 track, the scenery is apparently worth the trip.

Any contact details/info would be appreciated.

We have done a few tracks and some more than 1x, just a good experience and enjoyable.

Regards
Russ

Life-often hell but never boring.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 429378

Follow Up By: Member - Phil G (SA) - Thursday, May 18, 2006 at 23:24

Thursday, May 18, 2006 at 23:24
Russ,

Yes Argadells is immediately north of Warren Gorge, and you were on Argadells after you passed thru the last gate on the way up to the top of Mt Arden. The Argadells turnoff is about 28km north of Quorn.

There are heaps of tracks on Argadells, and brilliant scenery - just got to know where they are. The clubs have been using this property for some time. The new owners have put in some basic facilities, and have encouraged its use for 4wders. Looks like the website is down at present, but do a google on "argadells" and you'll come up with some info. Also theres a track file on this site.

Warraweena and Bendleby are also properties that I'm sure you'll enjoy in the Flinders.

Cheers
phil
FollowupID: 429390

Sponsored Links