HF Phone services in the Kimberley area.

Submitted: Thursday, May 18, 2006 at 23:07
ThreadID: 34024 Views:1775 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Just hoping for a little help from anyone on the list who may live up the north end of WA.... Planning a trip to the Kimberley in a month or so and need to sort out my HF Phone interconnect.

I have noticed recently that Bushphone+ have ceased/not commenced their operations in this area and rely on the interconnects in Alice Springs, Perth, Woomera and Charleville. RADTEL still has their interconnect in Derby and the two in Alice Springs.

Can anyone give me a fair comparison of the two services from the Western Desert areas? Reliability and clarity will be the deciding factor, rather than cost etc.

Cheers,

Mark
VKS 737
V 13
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Darian (SA) - Friday, May 19, 2006 at 08:01

Friday, May 19, 2006 at 08:01
Distance may not be a big issue Mark - I was with Radtel a couple of years back (not now - don't need the service) - Radtel was a good service - found that middle of the day was better than otherwise, using their higher frequencies - for instance, you might get better comms via their Charters Towers base, than the Alice, even though the latter is closer. Around mid-day, you get no HF trash from other places (Indo etc)..... on the higher frequ, you get longer legs - the idea is to give the various bases a beacon test until you get a good response - then dial up.
AnswerID: 173478

Reply By: Member - Mal B - Friday, May 19, 2006 at 21:44

Friday, May 19, 2006 at 21:44
just signed up with HF RADIO CLUB looks ok on way sun no comouters for 8 weeks off to cape mal
AnswerID: 173612

Sponsored Links