"Endless Air" compressor users I need feedback..

Submitted: Monday, Feb 17, 2003 at 13:05
ThreadID: 3411 Views:6414 Replies:5 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Anyone using one of the Kareela Engineering "Endless Air" compressors? I would like to know how well they work. Do they really make 8.0 CFM at 100PSI? Anyone ever blow one up? I have access to a bracket supplier in the US for many light duty trucks with both diesel and petrol engines. I would just like to hear any comments or feedback on the "Endless Air" units.

Thanks,
Tom
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Truckster - Monday, Feb 17, 2003 at 15:50

Monday, Feb 17, 2003 at 15:50
There have been many threads here on endless air...

The problems with brackets even from Endless Air, is that if they are out 1/2cm then they are no good as your belts will not run true, adn squeal like hell.

DO they work, they are without doubt the best system, maybe not the cheapest but they are unbeatable. I have a mate running 3 truck air tanks on his GQ for his system. Pumps up 35's from 8psi to ~35x 4 tires in no time, and the compressor doesnt even kick in, theres enough air stored!
AnswerID: 13307

Reply By: Mr Bean - Monday, Feb 17, 2003 at 15:58

Monday, Feb 17, 2003 at 15:58
Tom hows it going?
Yep got one in a TD 100 series, and it's great. They do as claimed and I don't belive that they will have any probs because all they are is an aircon compressor with all the bearings changed so they can run dry. Since the thing isn't running anywhere near the amount of time that a standard aircon unit is running, it isn't working very hard, and so therefore by default will be of good service for quite some time. When it does die, its just a aircon compressor and so therefore is easy to fix. The bracketry is a problem though. I got sick of waiting for the manufacturer to make my brackets and so went off and adapted some from an 60 series. I think manufacturer makes them for most common 4wds though. What have you got?

Bean
AnswerID: 13313

Reply By: Bob - Monday, Feb 17, 2003 at 16:11

Monday, Feb 17, 2003 at 16:11
I can't help with info on the compressor but if you have info on brackets to suit F250 7.3 T/D I would like to know.
Regards
Bob
AnswerID: 13316

Follow Up By: Tomintexas - Tuesday, Feb 18, 2003 at 01:18

Tuesday, Feb 18, 2003 at 01:18
I do have brackets for an F-250 7.3L Turbo-Diesel. I am not sure of the differences between American production vehicles and theose produced in Australia. I have a bracket supplier that makes brackets for most American made trucks. I will be selling complete mobile air systems based on the endless air compressor and these american made brackets. I appreciate the feedback and will provide info on the brackets as soon as my website mobileairsystems.com is on-line. Should be around the first of March. Does Kareela Engineering have a website?

Thanks,
Tom
FollowupID: 7850

Reply By: Coops - Monday, Feb 17, 2003 at 22:02

Monday, Feb 17, 2003 at 22:02
Mate of mine bought an old a/c compressor from wreckers for next to nothing and it does equally as good a job. He had dramas with brackets but you're on the right track for that. Basically what I'm trying to say is there's no real need to spend $350 on an endless unit, as good as they may be.
AnswerID: 13356

Reply By: nugget - Monday, Feb 17, 2003 at 23:31

Monday, Feb 17, 2003 at 23:31
I have fitted one to my GQ patrol diesel and must say that it was a very fiddly job. The mounting bracket I feel is very average and not what I would expect to be supplied by an engineering shop. In my vehicle an aircon compressor would not fit due to the large inlet/outlet fittings fouling on the alternator.(endless air cut them off and tap holes to fit small right angle fittings). My previous fwd just had a normal aircon compressor fitted to pump up tyres. The thing is once you've had one you cant go back to 12v electric compressors.
AnswerID: 13366

Sponsored Links