Jayco to North point Moreton Island

Submitted: Monday, May 22, 2006 at 17:56
ThreadID: 34140 Views:2044 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi to all

I would likto take our offroad Jayco to north point at Moreton.What i would like to Know is which is the easy way to get it there.Middle road and over the lighthouse hill orThrough bulwer
regards Mark
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: BBB - Monday, May 22, 2006 at 21:08

Monday, May 22, 2006 at 21:08
Not middle Road, Bulwer to north point mutch smoother and shorter there is only one hill that is a bit soft let your tyrers down to 18psi on your car and camper and you will have no problems.Moreton is one of the best Islands you will ever go to I love it.

BBB
AnswerID: 174076

Reply By: Brian B (QLD) - Monday, May 22, 2006 at 22:51

Monday, May 22, 2006 at 22:51
Hi,

Just over there a couple of weeks ago and they have opened a new camping area at North Point but from what we saw it is tent access only and cars are also blocked off from getting alongside camp sites.

I believe there are moves afoot to look at stopping beach camping in the Yellow Patch area very soon but I don't think this is in force just yet.

You may want to give the rangers on the island a call to find out the latest and greatest. Apparently they are about to release a new management plan for the island and it will change a number of things about camping etc over there.

Since you are towing and tide permitting I would go via Middle Road and up the beach and up towards the lighthouse and then drop down onto North Point. Middle Road was a bit chopped up on the upward inclines when we were there and this is usually from cars with too high air pressure in the tyres.

You would want low range if you are towing off the beach up towards the lighthouse.

My main reason is because you won't have any hassles with many one way tracks if you go this way whereas places like the Cown bypass are at times a problem if you encounter oncoming traffic when towing as these are narrow two way tracks. At least Middle Road is one way and the beach is good for two way traffic and once you climb up towards the lighthouse the road down to North Point is quite wide also.

Have a good one.
AnswerID: 174103

Follow Up By: Brian B (QLD) - Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 06:59

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 06:59
Hi,

Had a bit more of a think about your question and my initial advice might not be the best as the road up off the beach at the lighthouse could be a bugger when towing and could definitely be a bugger going downhill as it is very steep and rough.

This may make the Bulwer route preferable to you.
FollowupID: 430108

Reply By: markcas - Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 19:26

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 19:26
Thanks for the reply
I was worried about the soft track at cowan and at north road thats why i thought about middle to light house the van does have good ground clearance.We will be going over at august fishing fully loaded up for one week
AnswerID: 174284

Reply By: BBB - Thursday, May 25, 2006 at 18:32

Thursday, May 25, 2006 at 18:32
Use the combi Trader and you will aviod cowan

BBB
AnswerID: 174731

Sponsored Links