First Trip

Submitted: Monday, May 22, 2006 at 23:53
ThreadID: 34156 Views:2000 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Been up north Barra fishing and working many times, valued helicopters, but usually flew in and out. Retired last year bought a Prado and a Camel off road camper trailer with tinnie. Was planning to drive from Brisbane up to Borroloola to fish and then up to the Roper Bar and fish and then to Katherine and then to the Daly River and Darwin. Can anyone give me some feedback, roads, camping parks, fishing spots. I will be on my own, so dont want to wander too far from the main and secondary roads. Can I drive from Booroloola up to Roper Bar or would I be better off back tracking to main primary road and Daly Waters to Mataranka and then down the Roper Highway to the Roper Bar which is considerably longer or am I taking on too much and just head off to Surfers Paradise instead?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Tony G (ACT) - Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 07:12

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 07:12
Pending on the road conditions at the time, Borroloola to Roper Bar is ok with care, there is also fishing camps on the way at some of the rivers.

Limern Bight, Towns & Coxs rivers to name a few.

I'm at the same stage as you, 4WD, Camper and Tinnie, heading to the north on saturday for 4 months and hope to get a lot of fishing in.
AnswerID: 174130

Reply By: Hyndsite - Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 07:14

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 07:14
Was up there last year, all these places are a walk in the park for 4wd and campers, roads are wide also corrigated but take your time. Roper bar became known as caravan city especially along the river, a great place to stay is King Ash Bay, great company there. Just enjoy your trip. Remember alcohol laws especially if you drink wine of spirits, very hard to get. cheers
AnswerID: 174132

Sponsored Links