Licensing and common Frequencies - UHF/HF

Submitted: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 01:41
ThreadID: 34157 Views:2749 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Folks (we are new members so please excuse our ignorance),

I am currently overseas in a 4th world country where my access to the internet is time limited. I am trying to purchase equipment and organise work on my vehicle in preparation for the summer so rather than wasting my family communication time I thought I would try and access the impressive amount of corporate knowledge held by the members and visitors of this site.

I have just purchased a UHF GPS105. Can anyone tell me off the top of their heads what are the requirements as far as licensing and remaining legal goes ?

What are the common and emergency UHF frequencies ?

Also does anyone know if this unit can be changed from lat/long to Grid GPS operations/inputs ( I am ex Army - we used Grid not lat/long) ?

What are the licensing requirements if I wanted to hire a HF set for a couple of weeks for Simpson crossing or similar ?

Thanks for your time.

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Troll 81 (QLD) - Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 05:37

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 05:37
Hi Taz

You don't need a license to use a UHF radio but you will need one for a HF have a read here and you will find all the info you need Site Link
AnswerID: 174121

Reply By: Member - Paul P (Bris) - Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 06:29

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 06:29

For UHF info go here ACBRO as a reference point.


AnswerID: 174126

Reply By: Marc - Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 15:23

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 15:23
use for HF and join the club
AnswerID: 174242

Sponsored Links