Places Updates

Submitted: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 18:55
ThreadID: 34182 Views:1519 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,

A big thank you to all those of you who have been updating the places system and adding images and new places to the database. We have received several thousands of images and a good number of new places. Please keep these updates coming in.

Now there has been a major hole in the system related to updating existing places information. I have just plugged this hole and now you can update the descriptions and place information for all existing places in the database. So if you have a write up for a place then please add it - it is really simple all you need to do is view the place and hit the Update Details button - this will allow you to edit all fields that are not defined or can be edited.

I am also hoping that by tomorrow I will have phase one map search running in places. The final concept for map search phase three is really cool but that is a little way off due to being so busy over here. Anyway the system is progressing very well so again thans to all those that have been performing updates and making the system even better.

Did you know that we have 478 Caravan Parks, 440 Free Camps and 154 Pay Camps loaded into the databae already! You can rate and write comments any of these.
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Glenn (VIC) - Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 21:18

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 21:18
Hi David,

Great work, it has been invaluable for me in planning my big trip.

Cheers and thanks

Glenn
AnswerID: 174322

Reply By: Trevor R (QLD) - Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 21:45

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 21:45
Now that I know the free camps can be updated, I will get GPS locations and some photo's of a few that I frequent on my rounds of the East Coast every few months.
Good work David, it is not a part of this site I have used but now it has been brought to my attention, I may well use it a lot.

Thanks, Trevor.
AnswerID: 174337

Sponsored Links