family 4wd trips

Submitted: Monday, Feb 17, 2003 at 19:51
ThreadID: 3420 Views:1962 Replies:6 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
G`day everyone,what a great site...i think i`m addicted,a great way to bring all this experience and knoledge together......thanks to the team at Explore Oz.

Is their anyone out there interested in joining together for some family trips eg.Flinders Ranges.We are armed with Patrol & camper trailer and have reasonable experience offroad(high country,sand dunes etc.)Wife and i have 3 kids under 12.....did the club thing but found most trips were short bloke weekends with no others bringing the family.Looking to meet other families with simiar interests who like to escape rat race now and then.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Moggs - Monday, Feb 17, 2003 at 20:02

Monday, Feb 17, 2003 at 20:02
Hey Jeremy, just a thought - best way to thank David and Michelle at ExplorOz is to become a Member...... thats what I did when I realised that I was actually getting value out of this forum and site.
AnswerID: 13342

Follow Up By: David - Tuesday, Feb 18, 2003 at 11:51

Tuesday, Feb 18, 2003 at 11:51
I know what you mean. I have a camper and kids and I have looked at several clubs and they either welcome the kids but not campertrailers on trips or they don't really cater for the kids. Where are you from?
FollowupID: 7859

Reply By: Truckster - Monday, Feb 17, 2003 at 23:08

Monday, Feb 17, 2003 at 23:08
Jeremy..

I think you went to the wrong club.

I can tell you theres trips 1 day - weekends- 5 weeks- up to 6 months duration in our club magazine sittin on me lap!

Id look around to more clubs...
AnswerID: 13362

Follow Up By: Member - Raymond - Tuesday, Feb 18, 2003 at 15:25

Tuesday, Feb 18, 2003 at 15:25
Hi Jeremy
I am with Truckster here, you have the wrong club. The Wanderin 4 Wheelers are in Melbourne's north and we are radical, we allow campertrailers (over half the club members have one), children are welcome, and we even encourage the women not only to come but to drive as well
Ray
Drop us an email if you want more information
charlton@netlink.com.au
FollowupID: 7866

Reply By: Member - Nigel - Monday, Feb 17, 2003 at 23:40

Monday, Feb 17, 2003 at 23:40
Our club is only made up of families - we mostly do weekend camping trips to kid friendly spots... but unless your in Far North Queensland then it's probably too far for you to travel.
AnswerID: 13370

Reply By: David - Tuesday, Feb 18, 2003 at 11:55

Tuesday, Feb 18, 2003 at 11:55
Sorry Jeremy, I posted as a follow up instead of a reply so here goes again.
I know what you mean. I have a camper and kids and I have looked at several clubs and they either welcome the kids but not campertrailers on trips or they don't really cater for the kids. Where are you from?
AnswerID: 13385

Reply By: Member - Melissa - Tuesday, Feb 18, 2003 at 15:03

Tuesday, Feb 18, 2003 at 15:03
Hi Jeremy,

Similar story. We have a GU Patrol and campertrailer and a not quite 2 year old (well travelled already). We've done the club thing (and thoroughly enjoyed it) but our focus has shifted to family/campertrailer/touring emphasis rather than on 4WDriving itself.

In the search for a campertrailer club I was directed to the camprtrailer group at:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/campertrailers

They have over 500 members across Aust. with emphasis on sharing knowledge/experience, organising get-togethers and bringing people with an interest in campertrailers/travelling etc together. Would be well worth checking out.

We're in Mandurah, WA but I gather you're in Vic since you metioned the high country???

:o) Melissa

AnswerID: 13392

Reply By: jeremy - Tuesday, Feb 18, 2003 at 23:03

Tuesday, Feb 18, 2003 at 23:03
G`day everyone,
thanks for your replies!
I`ll try to answer you all on this one response if i can.

1....to Moggs......point taken,will consider

2....David thanks for your interest,we are from Ballan(near Ballarat) in Vic.What set up have you got and done any good trips lately?

3....Raymond ,thanks for that info about your club,i`m interested and will email soon ;sounds really good !

4...Nigel as you can tell by now FNQ a little out of my reach but interested in your setup and we could swap idea`s or any trailer probs you may have......hows the floods?

5...Melissa(lucky last) thanks for your reply ;you sound very similar to us.....did the club trips and sort of out grew the others in that we wanted a change from finding the rockiest climb or deepest boghole to barge through.My attitude now being to seek places of beauty and interest and if its challenge to get there ,well a little bonus. Will try that site you suggested and would also love to hear about W.A.;i keep looking at Esperance and some of the capes up the coasline in the magazines and wish it was closer to home.

keep the dialogue comin` love to hear your setups especially GU patrols and camper makes and mods and your intested to hook up for a trip sometime(going to Flinders ranges soon)drop me a line.
AnswerID: 13433

Sponsored Links