PM Lubricants

Submitted: Wednesday, May 24, 2006 at 15:23
ThreadID: 34211 Views:2921 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Has anyone had experience with PM lubricants.
link text
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Noel W (Qld) - Wednesday, May 24, 2006 at 19:04

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 at 19:04
Been using PM for quite a number of years now. What would you like to know?
AnswerID: 174520

Follow Up By: Twinkles - Wednesday, May 24, 2006 at 19:53

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 at 19:53
Anything really. As you have been using it for some time, I would imagine you recommend it. Does it live up to its claims? How long do you go between changes? What filter sytem do you run? Standard or something extra?
I haven't heard of it until today.
FollowupID: 430620

Follow Up By: Noel W (Qld) - Thursday, May 25, 2006 at 06:18

Thursday, May 25, 2006 at 06:18
Hi Twinkles

At first I must say that I do not actively market PM products but I do believe they perform well. I have a mechanical background (amongst other things) and was once involved in oil analysis in the aircraft industry which gives me confidence in the procedures followed / recommended by PM. When used according to recommendations i.e. regular oil analysis and filter changes at appropriate intervals, I believe the product lives up to it's growing reputation.

A local transport company is currently using the PM range of products in vehicles ranging from standard motor vehicles to prime movers and includes loaders etc. I have known the owner of the business for over 20 years and he would not be using PM if he was not convinced 100% that it would save him money for his fleet.

My personal experience has only been in the family cars i.e. a Toyota Hi-Ace (big family at the time), VH and VP Commodores and Honda Accord using standard filtration but achieving extended oil "life" between oil changes. As I commenced using the product so long ago, I cannot remember the exact details of improved performance or economy but I do know it did improve.

Oil change intervals were creeping up to around 25k if I remember correctly. Due to little use of the current VP, I no longer monitor the oil but change it each 12 months. I have recently purchased another newer vehicle and will commence monitoring when due.

And it was only last week I received notification that due to company restructuring and increasing export opportunities, their prices are being 'reduced'.

If you have further interest, I would suggest you check out their web site if you haven't already and look for some more testimonials or ring the company and have a chat with Keith or Steve Kelly. In short, I believe it's a good product.

Hope this helps ...

FollowupID: 430674

Reply By: Twinkles - Thursday, May 25, 2006 at 07:57

Thursday, May 25, 2006 at 07:57
Thank you very much for that extended reply. I heard about it from the Franz Filter distributor in Victoria. I'm going to put a Franz Filter on my vehicle and start using PM oil very soon.
Thanks again.
AnswerID: 174609

Follow Up By: Noel W (Qld) - Thursday, May 25, 2006 at 18:41

Thursday, May 25, 2006 at 18:41
Hi again

Interesting you mention Franz ... I once used a Franz in my Hi-Ace but have not used one since. I believe it also performed as advertised and can only imagine it still does. Lubrication technologies and philosophies are forever changing and I believe in most cases for the better.

All the best ...

FollowupID: 430776

Sponsored Links