Outlook Express 6

Submitted: Wednesday, May 24, 2006 at 20:54
ThreadID: 34227 Views:1518 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Off topic I know but last night my wife was asked if she would like to compress our mail,O.E 6,which she did and now we;ve lost all our recent emails.Did these get stored somewhere on our puter or are they gone forever.
Thanks Guys Nick
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Glenn (VIC) - Wednesday, May 24, 2006 at 21:04

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 at 21:04
Hi Nick,

They will be stored as "archive" in the Outlook folder on your pc. Do a search for "archive" or "*.pst" and you should find it. You will then need to set up a new personal folder to view the archived emails.

On another note, can you MM your phone number for when I am in Kunnunurra in July so that we can catch up, have a beer and talk Tambo?

Cheers

Glenn
AnswerID: 174545

Reply By: RayJen Paj05 - Wednesday, May 24, 2006 at 21:07

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 at 21:07
Hi Nick: I would be really surprised if they're gone for good. Check all the mail folders or do an Advanced Find using a word or sender; that should display emails and their location. Good luck: Cheers, Ray
AnswerID: 174546

Reply By: Member - George (WA) - Wednesday, May 24, 2006 at 22:34

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 at 22:34
Not sure about OE 6 but I use Outlook and it has a "Restore" option in the main File menue

Cheers
AnswerID: 174570

Reply By: Member - Doug T (QLD) - Thursday, May 25, 2006 at 07:47

Thursday, May 25, 2006 at 07:47
Here is a handy little bit of knowledge for you , most other software has a "save as" and looks like a mini floppy disc , all the photo suites have it and as does Frontpage. it is in various places on the top panel and it is available on Outlook Express, open it and place cursor on vacant space next to all the other large icon buttons , do a right click and a drop down will appear , click on custimize and select the save as icon and click on add and put it up top with the others, the you can make a new folder [name it emails or whatever] on the HD and direct all your emails you need to save to that folder , to save an email just click it once to highlite it then click the save as icon up on the panel, once you have done that the emails are always there ready to view anytime
gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 174605

Reply By: Member - MrBitchi (QLD) - Thursday, May 25, 2006 at 08:18

Thursday, May 25, 2006 at 08:18
Do yourself a big favour and ditch Outlook Express. Has to be the worst email client ever written.

The full version of outlook (comes with Office) is far superior, or go for an alternative like Eudora or Thunderbird, both of which are free.
AnswerID: 174613

Sponsored Links