New Bullbar for 105 Series....

Submitted: Saturday, May 27, 2006 at 12:26
ThreadID: 34314 Views:2347 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Can someone please tell me why, as soon as you advertise your car for sale, some idiot has to drive through a give way sign infront of you, and break your pride and joy????

lol

OK, after all is said and done, the corner of our bull bar contacted just below the driverside windscreen, and snapped our bar back into our tyre. His car looks like a write off, but I rekon the bar saved his life. It looks like it absorbed all the shock, broke, and just pushed back into the tyre. Need a new bar, new headlight, and a new side panel. Very impressed with the bar - yes it broke, but it saved a lot of damage.

No-one hurt or anything, but we are definitely rethinking the small car purchase. Rather than pushing him up onto the gutter, we would have bounced off into the other lanes (if anyone knows James Ruse Drive near Rosehill, out the front of the Racecourse, you'd know how many lanes of traffic there was.....).

So, finally my question. What brand and model Bullbars do people have on their 105 Series Landcruisers? I am guessing ARB will be the way to go, but I am open to suggestions. Has to be Steel, winch moutable, driving lights, high lift jacking points, and a couple of recovery points.

Cheers,

Chump
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Gaz@Gove (NT) - Saturday, May 27, 2006 at 17:01

Saturday, May 27, 2006 at 17:01
Sorry 'bout your car chump. Can't say too much about steel bars, mine's a Toyota Alloy. Hope you find something.
But why go the whole hog if you're selling it ?
Mmmmmmmm, now where do we go next?

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 175074

Follow Up By: chump_boy - Monday, May 29, 2006 at 08:15

Monday, May 29, 2006 at 08:15
It's funny - after the accident, my wife looked at the damage, looked at where we ended up, tried to extrapolate where we would have been if we had have been in a small car.....

And quietly suggested we probably didn't neet to sell the Landcruiser after all!

It looks like some good will come out of this after all...

Cheers,

Chump
FollowupID: 431380

Reply By: Steve - Saturday, May 27, 2006 at 17:42

Saturday, May 27, 2006 at 17:42
I'd only just bought mine and some clown hit me on the side, (all four panels) I didn't have a bullbar at all, but my smash repairer put me an alloy one on instead of the standard bumber bar. Only cost a few bucks extra. He shopped around for me and found the Toyota one the cheapest. He had it on his screen and just charged me the trade price. I suppose he made so much on the job $20,000+ he was feeling generous. But it was cheaper than the ARB/TJMs.

Give them a try. Failing that there's usually one or two around on ebay or Trading Post/ recyclers.
AnswerID: 175079

Reply By: Member - Stephen M (VIC) - Saturday, May 27, 2006 at 18:32

Saturday, May 27, 2006 at 18:32
Hiya chump_boy

it's definately ARB for me.... Sahara bar, has been an excellent investment

steve
AnswerID: 175088

Reply By: H2O - Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 18:22

Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 18:22
Have a steel TJM T13 outback bar fitted to my 100. The are only relatively new and alot cheaper than ARB and I recon it is definately the way to go.
AnswerID: 175220

Sponsored Links