Rancho in cab controller

Submitted: Saturday, May 27, 2006 at 21:27
ThreadID: 34324 Views:2914 Replies:7 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
GDay,

Does anyone have the in-cab controller for the Rancho adjustable shocks. I have a 75 series Troopy with the Rancho 9000's and am thinking about installing the in cab controller..

Anyone done this? Is it easy to install and does it work!??

Thanks for any info.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Troll 81 (QLD) - Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 10:09

Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 10:09
I have been thinking about the same thing for months now but I hardly ever change my settings so if you ask me save your money

AnswerID: 175148

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 12:39

Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 12:39
The indash controller works well - when it works, mine suffered from airleaks in the gauge section, and the compressor is from the reject shop. Mine died within months of use, but when it worked it worked good. The rod came off the crank in the compressor.. brass bush mains.

But for the money they charge for the system, its much better just get out and change them when you hit the dirt and leave them.

If the system was $50, it would be great, but at $400+ Last time I looked, not a hope...

Would I do it again? possibly if I was in comps, but for a weekender, nope.
AnswerID: 175165

Reply By: Andrew (Bris) - Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 12:51

Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 12:51
Had mine in the GU for 2 1/2 years. Never had a problem.
Have found it useful. Do use it a bit when road conditions are changing to get a better ride. If I didn't have the in-cab system I couldn't see myself stopping and getting under the car to change the settings as often as I do.
That siad, I don't know if I'd spend the money again - found other things more important.
AnswerID: 175169

Reply By: Member - Mike DID - Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 13:39

Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 13:39
I have two brand new Multi-shoock kits I won't be using - they provide all the fittings to connect air lines to the RS9000s - if you want to make your own controller using a compressor and Pressure Gauge.

Mike
AnswerID: 175178

Reply By: Carchania - Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 19:15

Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 19:15
hows it going mate
would have to agree with trucksters response. i have the incab for my tough dogs, same diff really. anyway i have had troubles with it since a very fun yet expensive weekend at ormeau, found the tough dog manufacturers more than helpful on trying to fix it, infact they are sending me a whole new kit to install. i have reverted back to the manual adjustors for now, but had i seriously thought about it before i bought them, i would have just left it as manual and be done with it.

cheers mate
Leayton
AnswerID: 175238

Reply By: Member - Coyote (SA) - Monday, May 29, 2006 at 08:09

Monday, May 29, 2006 at 08:09
I have the kit in my 05 GU and have had them for about 5 months without much hassle (initially one of the fittings that connected the hoses to the shocks leaked but that was replaced without question. I installed it myself.. The only downside is that there is always a very slight leak.. over about a week the pressure goes back to zero.. (no rprobs as every second day I press the compressor button for about 2 seconds and they stay topped up when around town.
I wouldn't say there is that big a difference between fully pumped up and let down either.. although enopugh to noticve not enough to make significant changes.
I like the convenience of being able to change the ride at the touch of a button...
AnswerID: 175300

Reply By: Middle Jeff - Monday, May 29, 2006 at 21:40

Monday, May 29, 2006 at 21:40
Hi all

I have the Rancho control unit in the car connected to Tuff Dogs and it works fine, the fittings on the shocks are a little fiddly but if you make sure you have a clean square cut and push the collar up as you push the hose in and keep the pressure up high for a couple of warm days it will not leak. I put a little bit of selastic around it to keep the mud and dust out, I love the way I can change the settings on the move.

I know I am to lazy to change the settings manually, so their was no option because you spend extra for it and if you are not going to use it then do not buy them as their are better models to pick from.

Have fun
AnswerID: 175527

Sponsored Links