GU Nissan Patrol Clutch

Submitted: Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 11:49
ThreadID: 34337 Views:1764 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Like David Rourke and others, my GU 4.8lt Patrol started to clutch slip at 10,000 km. This was particulary noticable when trying to back a single axle van up a slight drive way. In this case riding the clutch is not an issue as I always use low range four wheel drive when backing.

The problem was an ongoing one which was reprted and recorded at my locacal Nissan dealer on at least 4 occations. Notwithstanding the clutch burn stink, the dealer could find nothing wrong. In the end I gave up on the dealer.

Frustrated by Dealer's the lack of response or interest in addressing the problem I reported the issue to Nissan Aust: their responce was zero.

At 67,000km ,while still under warranty, the clutch finally gave up the ghost and guess what? Forget the history, the dealer and Nissan reckon the failure is fair wear and tear. Claim dismissed - your pay the bill.

The issue is now in the hands of the VCAT small claims court.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Big Al. - Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 12:12

Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 12:12
I am about ready to purchase a new DX cab chassis, but now a bit worried about
after sales service from nissan dealers after reading recent posts.

Where in SE Qld, would I find a good deal on new nissan ( or toyota cab) if I have to spend the extra dollars. And a reliable dealer ?

Was going to trade my SWB (gas/petrol Mav) but now ?????????????????

Big AL
Gold Coast

AnswerID: 175162

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 12:35

Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 12:35
>> after sales service from nissan dealers after reading recent posts.
Aftersales service and nissan should no longer ever be used in the same forum, let alone same sentence.
FollowupID: 431246

Reply By: Kenell - Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 13:47

Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 13:47
John,

What is it with these trucks? Mine did 100,000ks before I had to replace the head. I got it back on Tuesday after 6 weeks of arguing and fighting. Cost me $1600 but Nissan eventually picked up the other $3600. Mine was 3 months out of warranty but the problem was traced to a faulty casting of the cylinder head. What has really annoyed me though is that there is some damage to the passenger front door and my phone cradle has been snapped off. The dealer didn't even mention either but the cradle has actually been thrown away. Perhaps they thought I wouldn't notice !!

I realise that clutches can be abused but it seems it is always the driver in their view. To go this early a driver would need to use the clutch like a pedal car.

It's Yota shopping for me later this year or early next. I'm a bit worried that if I don't it could become a Simpson desert or some equally remote place, litter problem.

Lets know how you get on at VCAT and good luck with it. It's not much fun.

Kenell
AnswerID: 175179

Reply By: Willem - Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 16:06

Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 16:06
Smiths/Spencer Motors in Port Pirie, Nissan and Holden Dealers. Bought 2 used Nissans from them, one still under new car warranty. Couldn't be more helpful. Have had the Xtrail serviced there and no worries. Also have had 2 small recall notices from Nissan attended to. Still no worries.

But this is the country and there are other dealers around so they have to work for their money and not upset customers...lol
AnswerID: 175203

Sponsored Links