Revenge is sweet!

Submitted: Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 18:49
ThreadID: 34349 Views:2583 Replies:4 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Folks,

The wife and I spent the weekend at Cowes (Phillip Island) camping in our cub-o-matic right on the beach at the cowes caravan park which is not a bad little spot for a quick weekend away.

My eldest daughter however decides that its a nice idea to sail her newly bought 34foot yacht over from hastings and for her sister to go along with her.
The Idea was that the Girls and their Fellas would have a BBQ on the boat and wave to Mum and Dad landlocked on the beach, the point being that they dont yet have a dingy so it would prove impossible for Mum and Dad to enjoy their company.

Well they reconed without the very kind people in site 183 who were down for the weekend to do a little fishing with a small inflatable dingy and outboard , who on hearing our problem kindly ferried us out to the Yacht (Jaslyn) so that Mom and Dad could have more than their fair share of the BBQ and Dad (Me) got to make a big impression on their stock of " Red Wine" .
So after about three hours lunch was over and the dingy was called to take us ashore again, and "The Yacht" had to hand over a small fee (in beer) for their services...

Ohhh Revenge is sweet!

Regards
John
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Gramps (NSW) - Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 18:54

Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 18:54
John,

LOL well done. And you still have an ace up your sleeve with 'potential' grandchildren. Spoil 'em rotten then hand them back to Mum and Dad hahahahahahahaha
AnswerID: 175232

Follow Up By: Mike Harding - Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 19:20

Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 19:20
Funnily enough I was on Phillip Island today too, however...

I don't have grandchildren yet but when I do and they're about 9 or 10 my plan is to tell them that their dad is really from the planet Zarquon and was given to me by aliens :) Should cause a bit of confusion I reckon :)

Bit like when I taught a friends child:
"What does the cow say?"
"Woof woof"

Mike Harding
FollowupID: 431317

Follow Up By: Atropos - Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 19:50

Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 19:50
Hi Mike,

We went down on friday and the kids brought the yacht over saturday, had to motor quite a bit on the way to cowes due to not much wind, but they got some sailing in on the return trip, I watched them with the little 10x Bushmans untill they cleared sandy point at about 4;30pm in the evening.

We packed early today and cleared cowes just as the rain hit... got into cranborne just in time for the emdrc net on vk3rec and unpacked listining to the wia b/cast on Vk3rml

Should have the call on thursday....frustrating waiting could not call into the new F call net on Mt Macendon repeater .. Ohh welll..

So did you have a good time down at Phillip Island.. we found one place that makes a rather good coffee!

73s
john
FollowupID: 431323

Follow Up By: Gramps (NSW) - Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 20:53

Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 20:53
Mike,

You've got to start earlier than that. Mine are 4, 1 and the latest only 4 months. My kids and their partners are already frantic about how they can counter the influence I have on their children hahahahahahahaha. They can't understand why their kids are attracted to a grumpy old bastard like me LOLOL
FollowupID: 431341

Follow Up By: Mike Harding - Monday, May 29, 2006 at 08:13

Monday, May 29, 2006 at 08:13
Hi Al

I can see this is an area where I have much to learn - keep up the good work :)
FollowupID: 431379

Follow Up By: Gramps (NSW) - Monday, May 29, 2006 at 08:45

Monday, May 29, 2006 at 08:45
Mike,

You'll love every minute of it :)))
FollowupID: 431389

Reply By: Mr Fawlty - Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 19:01

Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 19:01
always interesting to hear about how the other half live....This is an odd turn up for the books because if it was a male who owned the Yacht he would be heading for the Whitsunday's with an all nude girl crew but because it's your daughter's yacht she organises a picnic for her parents....
AnswerID: 175234

Reply By: Member - Bruce and Anne - Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 20:07

Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 20:07
Being an ex yachtie John Iam very impressed with your story, but I hope the girls had a great sail.
Cheers Bruce
AnswerID: 175252

Reply By: Rock Crawler - Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 20:19

Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 20:19
was sitting in the office at QYC waiting for keys to the 45 F that we hired for the following week. The couple next to us , turn and ask. You saling ? My answer was no , we hired a power boat. The look we got was un real lol , motor boats , huh was the reply . On about the 3rd day we passed them between hamilton island and turtle bay with no wind about lol . As we sped past , I looked over and gave them a wave lol .

Nothing to do with this post but all this talk about sail boats and W/S got me all teary lol
AnswerID: 175253

Sponsored Links