Milford Cargo Barrier installation..

Submitted: Tuesday, Feb 18, 2003 at 22:14
ThreadID: 3435 Views:5626 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Please need help with installation of the half height cargo barrier for an 80 series '93 model.

I've "carefully" followed the instructions where you measure 790mm from the first screw of the centre jesus handle and back and marking. After triple checking my measurements when placing the barrier into position where it will sit it seems too far back ie. about four to six inches back from the end of the drawers - I would have thought the barrier sits right on top along the front edge of the roller drawers - not half a foot back.

I've checked the install notes on this site but there's no measurements and I'm starting to think just install it they way I want it (making sure there is sufficient reinforcing behind the plastic panelling)
I also advised the mob I got it off that my cruiser was an RV, not a GXL or Standard type but they reckoned it didn't matter - but it did when I got my drawers as a GXL is 50mm wider and lower than an RV. Hope I've talked enough.

Need advice.
Thanks
Chris
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bob Y. - Wednesday, Feb 19, 2003 at 00:18

Wednesday, Feb 19, 2003 at 00:18
Chris, About 15 months ago, I fitted a full height milford c/barrier, together with set of Black Widow drawers. The biggest dramas I had was deciding just which measurement to use from the jughandle, and getting up the courage to drill those 2 x 22mm holes into the roof. We have a 97 GXL turbo, with 7(?) seater, now only 5 seats. Everything ended up right, just have an extra squeak or two on our dirt road to town now. As you would realise, the full length just fits between the second seats, and front of drawers. I'd of thought yours would sit on front of drawers too, otherwise you lose some cargo space.

Chris, where do the bottom mounts bolt on? You mentioned the plastic panelling, is that the panels on each side of cargo area? Can you angle the barrier forward, at the bottom, to get closer to front of drawers? Would it be possible to drill into top of drawers to mount lower fittings, or would they get in way of fridge slide etc?
I put a 3" exhaust on the week before, and it was no dramas compared to the drawer/barrier episode. Happy fitting...
AnswerID: 13436

Follow Up By: Chris - Wednesday, Feb 19, 2003 at 01:47

Wednesday, Feb 19, 2003 at 01:47
Bottom mounts go through the plastic panelling on either side. Bolting to the drawers would pose a problem as you mentioned with the fridge slide. I'll sit back, have a beer and figure something out. I really need to view one that's identical to mine ie. the one on this website with perhaps more photos from different angles.

Cheers
Chris
FollowupID: 7883

Reply By: Member - Richard- Friday, Feb 21, 2003 at 21:55

Friday, Feb 21, 2003 at 21:55
I whimped out and had TJM at Carlton (Hurstville) fit my barrier. Nice people. Did a neat job whilst I watched a film in town. I hate following instructions where they say "drill a big hole" especially where it can be seen. (This is really a recommendation for TJM at Carlton who also fitted a Series 2000 suspension for me at the same time.)

I really freaked out when garages did away with driveway service! get my hands dirty. Yuk.

I bet Melissa can change a tyre. On and off the rim I mean with her bare hands.

Richard
AnswerID: 13706

Follow Up By: Thepublican - Friday, Feb 21, 2003 at 23:57

Friday, Feb 21, 2003 at 23:57
Lovely darhl just lovely to see that you keep your hands soooo clean and dont dirty the fourby.Oooooh it makes me shiver all over just the thought of you bending over changing a tire ,nasty big black round thing.
FollowupID: 8117

Sponsored Links