clutch slipping on Navara

Submitted: Monday, May 29, 2006 at 19:51
ThreadID: 34385 Views:1525 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I have had my Navara 04 for 2 years from new and I have now done 67,000km. The the same prob as posted by John ess with his GU patrol I noticed the clutch slipping. So like him I took it in to Nissan they drove it in to the work shop come out five seconds later to tell me that the cluch is gon. I said "you got to be joking" I have had that navara for 2 years and drive long distance ( I live in the country ) to and fro Perth and the clutch is had it.

So like him it has been In the work shop for 5 days and I am ring them every day to find out what is going on. Nissan Australia have taken the parts away for testing and inspection and the wait is on to see if I am left with a big bill !!

Very disappoitented with Nissan I had a lot of confident i would not have any probs if you have any suggetion or have any probs with yours i would like to hear about it -
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: RussellP - Monday, May 29, 2006 at 21:36

Monday, May 29, 2006 at 21:36
My 03 TD has the opposite problem - the clutch doesn't slip. But only when hot. Likewise, I live outside of town and most driving is highway.
I've been reporting a clutch "shudder" from new and made sure it was fully documented. At 70K when I pushed the issue, all the dealer would say was that clutches wear out and gave me quote in the range of $1200 for parts, plus fitting.
I now ride the clutch.
Russell
AnswerID: 175524

Follow Up By: Johnny B Good - Tuesday, May 30, 2006 at 09:49

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 at 09:49
so far so good i have had no probs with nissan" so far"!! they have been good they tell me if they find the feult they will replace it
FollowupID: 431635

Reply By: Johnny B Good - Tuesday, May 30, 2006 at 18:57

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 at 18:57
Nissan have rang me to tell me that they have done the test and they have found 0 wear on the clutch and are not going to warrent the cluch and the dealer said that I am on my own. No the sarger starts that i have to ring NISSAN AUSTRALIA and deal with them. I am stuck in Perth ( I live in the country) the Navara is at the dearler in parts and no one wants to no.

At this stage I will be reluctent to buy a nissan again
AnswerID: 175688

Sponsored Links