Coleman Dual Burner Stove with Electronic Ignition

Submitted: Monday, May 29, 2006 at 20:18
ThreadID: 34389 Views:1526 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Troops,

How many of you people have a Coleman Dual Burner Gas Stove with electronic ignition?

Still Working?

The auto ignition on mine failed some time back and I have just been igniting it with a "magic wand". The self igniter would not create a spark.

During an idle moment during our just completed trip, I decided to pull it apart and check it out. Bingo, found the trouble. The insulation along the majority of the length of the ignition wires on both sides have melted away due to heat.
I also noticed the paint has burnt away underneath, around the burner mounting.

So, be a little careful that the stove doesn't ignite something else, if it's sitting on a combustible surface.

Doesn't look too easy to replace the ignition wire either so I'll just continue to light it with the "wand" or matches, etc.

Not really complaining about the stove which still gives off excellent heat from the burners and lights first time, every time. Certainly doesn't suffer from "blocked jets" (like my previous one did) because it doesn't have any.
Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Footloose - Monday, May 29, 2006 at 20:45

Monday, May 29, 2006 at 20:45
Yes I use one, and have done for a few years without any drama. I'm taking it away again for a major trip in a few weeks, so I'll check the wiring and underneath. Thanks for the heads up.
I also spied a gas light in the camping shop with the same setup. What a great idea. No more burning fingers on the hot light when replacing the glass. However, I wonder if they also suffer the same problem ?
AnswerID: 175500

Reply By: Mike Harding - Monday, May 29, 2006 at 21:01

Monday, May 29, 2006 at 21:01
My 2 burner Coleman gas electronic ignition stove worked perfectly for about 3 years until I decided to dismantle the whole thing for cleaning (*note for Coleman). After that it was hard to light on one of the burners until I discovered that I needed to rotate the "jets" a bit to ensure the gas and the spark igniter met at the same place. After 5 years it's still going strong and the igniter works well on both burners unless the dew or rain has been heavy enough to short it out.

*Coleman - please make this excellent stove easier to clean.

Mike Harding
AnswerID: 175510

Sponsored Links