engel gennie 1000w any good ?

Submitted: Tuesday, May 30, 2006 at 19:23
ThreadID: 34429 Views:2186 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
any one tried the engel gennie any good ? for a recharging batterys
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Geoff (Newcastle, NSW) - Tuesday, May 30, 2006 at 21:56

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 at 21:56
The bloke from the local ARB/TJM shop reckons they are Honda's in a green case.
Either that or they're another Honda copy.

For me they look exactly the same as my Honda EU10i except for the power outlets being on the side of an Engel and the end of a Honda. (Apart from the different colours)

I've not met anyone who owns one yet to comment. Engel had two stands and Transit Vans at last weekends Maitland 4wd & Caravan Show. They did seem to have shifted a few.

The Kipor and Honda boys did appear to be doing more business. Funny thing, I just realised I didn't see a single Yamaha generator.

Geoff.
Geoff,
Landcruiser HDJ78,
Grey hair is hereditary, you get it from children. Baldness is caused by watching the Wallabies.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message
Classifieds: Landcruiser 16x8 Rims,

AnswerID: 175748

Follow Up By: Sand Man (SA) - Tuesday, May 30, 2006 at 22:18

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 at 22:18
Maybe all the Yammies have been sold!
Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 431818

Reply By: Member - Ed. C.- Tuesday, May 30, 2006 at 23:00

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 at 23:00
If I was in the market for a genny tomorrow, I'd be having a very close look indeed at these Engels...

Given that they are Honda powered (GXH50 in the case of the SHX1000), and I'm led to believe that the electrics in the Honda gennies are supplied by Sawafuji (same as Engel), then the 2 makes would have to be very similar indeed, with the Engel having a significant price advantage...

As for charging batteries, if 8.3A is enough for your requirements, then I'm sure they'd do the job admirably... However, I reckon a much better option would be to run a AC powered 15 or 20A charger direct from the 240v outlet... (YMMV)...
Confucius say.....
"He who lie underneath automobile with tool in hand,
....Not necessarily mechanic!!"

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 175765

Sponsored Links