Halylulyah Brothers And Sisters

Submitted: Wednesday, May 31, 2006 at 17:15
ThreadID: 34472 Views:1644 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
evenig all
for those interested the magellan 310 is hanging on the study wall tracking 5 satellites and pumping its signals into the laptop
I reloaded the driver from oziexplorer for the usb to serial last night and started checking thru the configorationand found the coms port settings didnt match reconfigured these settings and away we go
what i did find was had to turn computor on first once it was up and running then turn on gps I have had the computor do stupid things before (mouse pointer going stupid but this time computor froze before it even got to windows

Strange thing though have just purchased a voxson voxtrack 2 gps,s 1m apart and 2 different readings lat/long i put it down to voxtrack able to track more satelites

steve
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ro-dah-o (WA) - Wednesday, May 31, 2006 at 18:15

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 at 18:15
the crazy mouse is a pain, Ive had that happen when I ve turned things on in the wrong order or plug the gPS into the incorrect USB port.

Drives me crazzzzyyy
AnswerID: 175946

Follow Up By: Member - Doug T (QLD) - Thursday, Jun 01, 2006 at 05:32

Thursday, Jun 01, 2006 at 05:32
You can whack ya mouse by going to control panel and slowing it down , I also slow down the double click rate
gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 432101

Reply By: AdrianLR (VIC) - Wednesday, May 31, 2006 at 23:09

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 at 23:09
Are the GPSs set to the same map datum? If not then they will give different positions. Or could just be that both are within the "design error" of a 5 or so meters but each is at the opposite end of the innacuracy.

Adrian
AnswerID: 176047

Sponsored Links