Cairns 2 Karumba

Submitted: Saturday, Jun 03, 2006 at 19:37
ThreadID: 34573 Views:1920 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Well once again SWMBO and the "trackabout" and me of course are off again on the Cairns to Karumba bike ride for bush kids. A great 7 day journey across the Gulf Savanah to Karumba from Cairns.

have a squizz at the website check it out!

Ride starts June 25 finishin at the point on the following Saturday night for a bloody big party complete with fireworks..

Eat ya heart out guy's....

Grrr!!!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ZUKSCOOTERX90(QLD-MEMBER) - Saturday, Jun 03, 2006 at 19:56

Saturday, Jun 03, 2006 at 19:56
Have fun Cazy as we know you can & will,Don't forget to pad the RUMP area all for a good cause,cheer's Bob.:)-<
AnswerID: 176546

Reply By: Footloose - Saturday, Jun 03, 2006 at 20:28

Saturday, Jun 03, 2006 at 20:28
Crazy, having worked with big and little kids for most of my working life, I know how worthy a cause it is. In fact I still do quite a bit for the SIDS charity.
So let me wish everyone involved the very best. It's a long way, but I'm sure that you'll all have a great time...and sore derrieres :))))))))
Good luck.
AnswerID: 176550

Reply By: Member - vivien C (VIC) - Saturday, Jun 03, 2006 at 21:22

Saturday, Jun 03, 2006 at 21:22
Best wishes for your ride Crazy. Helping Bush Kids is a great cause and you'll have some fun along the way. I know all about the joys of bike riding as I ride a road bike....so pad up!! In October I'm doing Around The Bay in a Day (Melbourne) which raises money for the Smith Family Foundation. Going out to do some much needed training tomorrow.

Happy pedalling...wishing you tail winds all the way...

Viv
AnswerID: 176566

Follow Up By: Member - Crazy Dog (QLD) - Sunday, Jun 04, 2006 at 12:21

Sunday, Jun 04, 2006 at 12:21
You guy's don't think I'd be riding a bike do ya!---nah! - I driver one of 2 drinks vehicles. 1st up in the morning - last to bed every nite and we set the stops for the whole ride...every 20ks....leap frogging each other for nearly 800ks.

Now don't go jumping to conclusions (although you would be partially correct) because we set up every 20ks and give the real heroes (the bike riders) their drinkies in the form of water and poweraide.

We also provide fresh fruit, nut, figs etc as well as lollies to give them energy.

It is busy 6 days on the road for us but a labour of love.

Like I said in the original post - check out the link and thanks to all.....

Grrr!!!
FollowupID: 432701

Reply By: Member - vivien C (VIC) - Sunday, Jun 04, 2006 at 12:53

Sunday, Jun 04, 2006 at 12:53
Crazy,

Speaking from experience the support crews on these rides do a marvellous job..so good on ya!!! Just got back from struggling with the head winds ... I'm sure I'll feel good about it all in an hour or so...

Have a great time and congratulations to all those who take part in a ride for a worthy cause. Would love to do that ride one day.

Viv
AnswerID: 176641

Sponsored Links