3.0l gu patrol info

Submitted: Thursday, Feb 20, 2003 at 10:11
ThreadID: 3460 Views:1912 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Further to Andrews comments though I'd post details of my discussion with a Nissan mechanic and the 3l GU. One of the main repetative car problems he has experienced relates to a sudden and significant power loss similar to the level of power loss experienced when the turbo boost hose comes off. The problem is due to a dirty air flow monitor screwing up the computer chip and hence fuel management system. What happens is that the air filter clogs resulting in a breach in the filter seal which allows nasties to bypass the filter and do the damage to the monitor. The remedy - simple just replace the monitor (it's a disposable job). Great under warranty but at $1300 ea you wouldn't want to be doing it too often after expiry! The mechanic advised that the filter, being oil coated, to order to collect v small particles, blocks very quickly, (I've been replacing mine every 10,00km) but he advises that more like every 5,00 may be more appropriate in harsh conditions. He also advised that if a non-genuine filter is found to be being used then Nissan will change the monitor once then wash their hands of any future warranty of the monitor. Food for thought. For those with asnorkel a pre-filter may be a useful addition (such as unifilters precleaner) they reckon that all the mining co.s use them.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: sean - Thursday, Feb 20, 2003 at 20:09

Thursday, Feb 20, 2003 at 20:09
Snorkes are the only way to go in dusty conditions.

I travelled the road north from Epenarra and in about 120 ks, 80 were bulldust. At the end the air filter was completely coated in dirt. I went straight out the fitted a snorkel after that.

Sean
AnswerID: 13604

Sponsored Links