Tracks and areas close to Swan Hill

Submitted: Monday, Jun 05, 2006 at 20:18
ThreadID: 34654 Views:3660 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All,

I am taking the boys up to Swan Hill this Queens Birthday weekend and was wondering if anyone could suggest some good areas to get onto some tracks not too far away from Swan Hill.

I know there are a number of national Parks but they all seem to be two hours plus away. Is there anything closer or should i do the longer drive.

Mark
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - vivien C (VIC) - Monday, Jun 05, 2006 at 21:06

Monday, Jun 05, 2006 at 21:06
If you've got the time to go up to Mungo National Park, or to Hattah Kulkyne and the Sunset Country, they are all interesting and enjoyable trips. Wyperfeld NP is good too but all these are a couple of hours drive away at least.

There are some nice drives along the river from Swan Hill through the Vinifera State Forest and the Nyah State Forest. Depends what you want to do. You can do a ferry crossing of the Murray at Speewah.

Swan Hill has a Tourist Information Centre and I'm sure if you call them they will help. There is a salt lake at Lake Tyrell where they have a dune buggy race each year and it could even be the long week end in June. The Tourist Info place will know that too.

Hope you can find somewhere ..but you'll enjoy yourself in Swan Hill. The Pioneer Settlement there is good for kids (older kids too). Plus if you like the horse races the June Carnival is on over this long week end as well.

Have a good time.

Viv
AnswerID: 176924

Reply By: OMN - Tuesday, Jun 06, 2006 at 09:08

Tuesday, Jun 06, 2006 at 09:08
Thanks for the detailed response, i have printed it out and will take it with me, as you say lots to do up in that area it seems, should be a nice change from the high country too.

Mark
AnswerID: 176965

Sponsored Links