FAILURE OF 2 STAGE GAS REGULATORS

Submitted: Thursday, Jun 08, 2006 at 19:52
ThreadID: 34741 Views:1527 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Goodevening all
i have to type this out as i cant figure out how to scan it keep it a readable size and copy to here SO you get the guts of the story

FAILURE OF TWO STAGE GAS REGULATORS SOLUTION FOUND???

Invstigations are continuing but it is believed a solution has been found
it is believed if you have a FLEXIBLE TYPE PIGGY TAIL ATTACHMENT TO THE GAS BOTTLES ON THE FRONT OF YOUR VAN OR WHATEVER AND NOT A SOLID COPPER PIGTAIL it can develop "gunk"( in the flexible pigtail causing blockages and damages the diaphram the prob;em is compouned if the regulator is below the top of the gas bottle outlet
part of the solution is to make sure the regulator is higher than the gas bottle outlet
THIS INFO COMES FROM THE ENERGY SAFE MAG I GETAS A LICENSED SPARKY
IF ANYBODY WOULD LIKE A COPY OF THE ARTICLE LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDY BELOW AND I WILL TRY EMAIL A COPY TO YOU

STEVE

jeez its hard being computor illiterate
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Bob K (QLD) - Thursday, Jun 08, 2006 at 20:47

Thursday, Jun 08, 2006 at 20:47
makes some sense to me. I am on my 3rd regulator in 3 years on the van but have never had to replace the one on the house. Differences being that the house regulator is above the gas bottles and has copper pig tails while the one on the van is below the bottles and has braided flexible lines.

bobk
AnswerID: 177522

Follow Up By: Old Scalyback & denny - Thursday, Jun 08, 2006 at 21:20

Thursday, Jun 08, 2006 at 21:20
goodday bob
article says with the flexible pigtail it developes condensation of the lpg vapour developes.it forms an lpg liquid or plasticser which can laech out of the hose and run down into the regulator blocking the gas supply
end of article says lpg aust has advised a number of suppliers of regulators are now providing replacemnts when failed regulators are returned

steve
FollowupID: 433653

Sponsored Links