Travel along Qld dingo fence

Submitted: Thursday, Aug 09, 2001 at 00:00
ThreadID: 348 Views:3982 Replies:5 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Our 4wd club is planning a trip next year to the Corner country.
Who do we contact to obtain permission to traverse the qld side of the dingo fence?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: steve - Thursday, Aug 09, 2001 at 00:00

Thursday, Aug 09, 2001 at 00:00
Vic: you don't say where you are coming from! sorry but it makes a difference! If you mean travelling along the fence from say Warri gate to Cameron's Corner I don't think you need any 'permission' I met the grazier from that area at the gate in June (2001) and he was travelling that way and being the type of bloke you would expect to meet- just go !

Steve
AnswerID: 871

Follow Up By: Graham - Saturday, Aug 11, 2001 at 00:00

Saturday, Aug 11, 2001 at 00:00
Steve, Was this the Qld side or NSW side?
FollowupID: 250

Follow Up By: Steve - Sunday, Aug 12, 2001 at 00:00

Sunday, Aug 12, 2001 at 00:00
queensland side!!----------- there is only a fence in the difference !!

steve
FollowupID: 253

Reply By: ron - Monday, Aug 13, 2001 at 00:00

Monday, Aug 13, 2001 at 00:00
Vince , we were up that way in july and the Tiboorburra poilce were patrolling the fence as it had been close to the general public .I would check with the Tibooburra police ,or Camerons Corner store. regards and have a safe trip anyway,ron.
AnswerID: 876

Reply By: Vince Barnes - Sunday, Aug 19, 2001 at 00:00

Sunday, Aug 19, 2001 at 00:00
Steve,
We plan to join the dingo fence at Hungerford & proceed west towards Cameron Corner
AnswerID: 930

Reply By: Kevin Snell - Friday, Sep 07, 2001 at 00:00

Friday, Sep 07, 2001 at 00:00
Vince, We have just returned from a trip in that area and drove the Dingo Fence from Hungerford to Hamilton Gate approx 110 klms. This is a gazetted road. We did read a notice in Wannaring that explained the organization that controls the Dingo fence had closed the fence to all private & commercial operators due to the number of head-on accidents. They mentioned they had left a 35klm sectioned open to the public on the NSW/SA border.
AnswerID: 1045

Follow Up By: Vince Barnes - Monday, Sep 24, 2001 at 00:00

Monday, Sep 24, 2001 at 00:00
Thanks for the info Kevin.After talking with a few members of our club I have decided to proceed along the fence as you have mentioned.Do you know the condition of the track NW from Moombidary to Bulloo Downs
Regards Vince
FollowupID: 328

Reply By: Kevin Snell - Thursday, Oct 04, 2001 at 00:00

Thursday, Oct 04, 2001 at 00:00
vince, from your return email it appears that you intend to turn off the dingo fence near Waverley Gate and head to Moombidary and then on to Bulloo Downs. I personally would continue along the fence to Hamilton Gate as i found the section from Waverley Gate to Hamilton as the more enjoyable drive. I would consider turning north from near Hamilton Gate and heading up from there. Once leaving Hungeford you have quite a few klms before you are actually on the fence and you would only travel approx 40 klms to Waverley Gate along the fence line. Hence our reason for going on to Hamilton. As far as the condition of the roads in that area i am not too sure, the fence was good and we crossed into nsw and the road to Waanaring was in good condition. On our return trip from Innamincka we came through Epsilon to Santos and across to Bransby and found these roads were also in good condition.I imagine all the tracks in that area are pretty much the same.We used the Hema Outback New South Wales map and found it to be very accurate. Have fun and enjoy yourself.
AnswerID: 1172

Sponsored Links