50MM lift

Submitted: Sunday, Jun 11, 2006 at 23:42
ThreadID: 34838 Views:1684 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Am considering a 50mm lift on a single cab rodeo ute. As i'm doing the desert next year, is it worth while. I have had a full sus bleep ion upgrade by EFS.

Evey thing i have read and seens says you must have a high clearance vehicle............. what is a high clerance vehicle. I mean i was tld i needed that for the cape and was fine.

I am guessing its .............. a matter of what yo find at the time........ but is it worth doing a lift .... suspension gave me 30mm.

Comments thanks

Brian

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Footloose - Sunday, Jun 11, 2006 at 23:57

Sunday, Jun 11, 2006 at 23:57
Brian, as you've guessed, it depends on what you find at the time. I'll stick my neck out and say that all the touristy tracks can be done with a stock standard 4wd. However, should it rain etc that's where the good bits come in handy.
You can do it stock, but you'll do it easier with some extras.
"Doing the desert eh ?" WHICH one. There's a few to choose from. Our deserts have different kinds of terrain including rocks and sand. A lift will be handy but not essential under most circumstances IMHO.
Of course if you intend to do some rock hopping between now and then disregard what I said.
AnswerID: 178025

Reply By: Member - Brian H (QLD) - Monday, Jun 12, 2006 at 06:42

Monday, Jun 12, 2006 at 06:42
Hmmm the desert name proberly would help.

Simpson desert, at the moment looking at from Birdsville QAA, KI, Rig, WAA and part of the Knoll. I'm told this is the most scenic way about 700 klms in all. Looking at 7 days Birdsville to Mt Dare I assume this will allow plenty of time and not rush so we will not be pushing the vehicles.

I know the tracks will vary plenty of times between now and when I leave. I don't do rock hopping, thats not saying I will not come accross spots in my travels of course.

Thanks
Brian

AnswerID: 178031

Follow Up By: Billowaggi - Monday, Jun 12, 2006 at 23:04

Monday, Jun 12, 2006 at 23:04
Hi Brian. I did the Simpson desert [French Line] in a single cab tray back RA Rodeo in May this year , standard suspension, and had no probs. We traveled east to west with a group including 2x Nissan Patrols and 1x Landcruiser .The Rodeo kept up with the big vehicles no worries and used lots less fuel.
Regards Ken.
FollowupID: 434353

Reply By: signman - Tuesday, Jun 13, 2006 at 09:13

Tuesday, Jun 13, 2006 at 09:13
We've done most of the 'great' trips around Oz, including the Simpson, Beadell Roads & other Desert roads of SA. We have steel front bar with Warn winch, H/D rear bumper with 2nd spare wheel on a swingaway, Engel fridge on board with supplys for 2 weeks- plus tent and extra fuel when required.
The rear setup has an extra leaf and the whole pack has been cold reset. Also longer rear spring hangers- 150mm centre to centre.
Front has oversize torsion bar, relocated upper ball joint & lo profile upper bump stop. Bar has been wound up- allowing for safe CV joint operation.
OME shocks all round. Tyres are 31x10.5/15.
It doesn't matter how high you do a body lift..the diffs are still the lowest point.
TF Rodeo- Dual cab.
AnswerID: 178208

Sponsored Links