Wombat Flat, Mintbush Trail, Monkey Gum, yalwal rd to braidwood rd

Submitted: Tuesday, Jun 13, 2006 at 16:01
ThreadID: 34896 Views:4420 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Im just wondering if anyone has been in the area between yalwal rd and braidwood rd, more specific along mintbush and monkey gum, and if the have come across a monster of a hill with 2 cars wrecked at the bottom of the hill.
I came across this hill on my trail bike and after numerous attempts could not scale it. If any one knows where i am talking about could u pls send me a message. Thankyou
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: DamoHJ61 - Tuesday, Jun 13, 2006 at 20:39

Tuesday, Jun 13, 2006 at 20:39
I have come across two big A.. hills in the area and I have attempted to ride up the hill you speak of, one bloke did on a KX250, then we came back on the same track and he rode down it! The rest of us mortals walked the bikes up & down.
The other big hill is further south of the Braidwood rd, not as bad as that one but still a workout!
AnswerID: 178331

Follow Up By: jjd083 - Wednesday, Jun 14, 2006 at 12:08

Wednesday, Jun 14, 2006 at 12:08
DO u ride in that area much? Im out there pretty much every weekend, we have a track out there aswel where we set our freestyle ramp up. Have u ever see any rangers in the area from mintbush to braidwood rd. Just curious cos i tend to stay away from yalwal due to the rumours of police and rangers being natzis out there.
FollowupID: 434617

Reply By: Member - Ivan (ACT) - Wednesday, Jun 14, 2006 at 21:18

Wednesday, Jun 14, 2006 at 21:18
Hey guys,

A few Canberra riders here - can you be a bit more specific in the area? What's the riding like?

Familiar with Charleyong Crossing and Nerriga Rd if that helps

Sounds like some fun out there to be had ;-)
Cheers,

Ivan
2008 D4D Prado

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 178511

Reply By: jjd083 - Thursday, Jun 15, 2006 at 11:51

Thursday, Jun 15, 2006 at 11:51
Hey Ivan, not the area you are talking about, this is about 15kms up braidwood rd from the princes hwy end. The riding around charlyong is equally good, spent a bit of time out there myself. I currently live in tomerong near huskisson and are moving to canberra mid july. Is there many places around canberra to ride which will be trouble free from the authorities. What is fairbairn like? Have your ridden at a property about 10km out of braidwood towards canberra. The place is on the road to lambert.
AnswerID: 178608

Sponsored Links