Bio Diesel

Submitted: Thursday, Jun 15, 2006 at 00:06
ThreadID: 34943 Views:2553 Replies:10 FollowUps:31
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All
Just thought id post this here for all you users of biodiesel....my son has a 99 GU patrol 4.2 diesel. On the weekend he loaded up his camper and was going to head off for a couple of days to try the new camper trailer out...well he had only gone about a hundred yards up the road when all of a sudden the patrol puffed out a heap of white smoke and came to a stop, he managed to get it started again but it had no guts, well yesterday he took it to our diesel mechanic mate who checked it out and tells him a prob with the injector pump....his theory was due to using biodiesel...what do you guys think???...he also told him that the company that he sends the pumps to wouldnt warranty any work on the pump if he continues to use biodiesel.....the bio he uses he gets from the local saff servo . Cheers .....Dave
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Thursday, Jun 15, 2006 at 02:34

Thursday, Jun 15, 2006 at 02:34
Stuff the theories Dave. If they can't provide proof that the use of bio-diesel was the cause.
As for warranty work. Does the written warranty (I assume they can provide one) specifically exclude the use of bio-diesel? If not, they would not have an argument that would stand up in court.

Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 178548

Reply By: Member - JohnR (Vic)&Moses - Thursday, Jun 15, 2006 at 04:54

Thursday, Jun 15, 2006 at 04:54
Dave, I gave a small anecdote a couple of weeks back about a friend I called on in Broken Hill who has a trucking business. Has B-trains and road trains and had to ask the supplier to take it back again as it was absolute crap. He was getting it from South Australia. It had not even been filtered enough to take out the chop bones he found at the bottom of the tank. It took some time to get the bio-diesel out of the lines and they had to take multiple fuel filters on trips from Broken Hill to where ever.

That doesn't answer your query about the mates' pump but certainly tells a tale of the quality control or lack of it.
AnswerID: 178550

Follow Up By: Footloose - Thursday, Jun 15, 2006 at 07:46

Thursday, Jun 15, 2006 at 07:46
Bios quality has always been the big hurdle. Every back yard producer has different standards or lack therof. I believe that there's an industry standard somewhere but the average producer might not have the instrumentation or inclination.
Just by the by, a guy I know has made his own for yonks. When he started he went into the hills in winter and had his bio solidify so that he couldnt start his vehicle for a while. He didn't blend it. He tells me that the replacement of fuel filters only happens 2 or 3 times and after that the system is clean.
There is no doubt that its the way to go for me. But I wont be using it until I can be assured of some sort of standard. There are too many "ifs" at the moment.
FollowupID: 434768

Follow Up By: Member - Roachie (SA) - Thursday, Jun 15, 2006 at 08:16

Thursday, Jun 15, 2006 at 08:16
Yeh, what Footie said x 2 in my case!!!!
FollowupID: 434770

Follow Up By: Member - Blue (VIC) - Thursday, Jun 15, 2006 at 08:34

Thursday, Jun 15, 2006 at 08:34
JohnR, McColls do most of our bulk transport and they are having a hell of a time with bio-diesel... Both subbies and company trucks fuel up using McColls stock which is purchased from a commercial distributor... The subbies are at the point where they will soon refuse to use bio as it is costing them a fortune in fuel filters and since switching to bio, they are experiencing injector blockages which is costing them time and money also. For some it seems to be everything you'd expect but for others it just seems a plain nightmare. 20 months before I get my newy and it will be a diesel, I hope quality control improves before then.
FollowupID: 434777

Follow Up By: Member - Jeff M (WA) - Thursday, Jun 15, 2006 at 12:47

Thursday, Jun 15, 2006 at 12:47
I've been using B100 since the start of the year and havn't changed the filter AT ALL yet.
FollowupID: 434818

Follow Up By: TroopyTracker - Thursday, Jun 15, 2006 at 21:20

Thursday, Jun 15, 2006 at 21:20
CHOP BONES !!!!!
RAOFLMAO!!!
All I can see is this bloke looking into his tank and seeing all these animal parts down there, heheheheheh.

BTW, do feel sorry for him but sh$t that's funny.
Matt
FollowupID: 434922

Follow Up By: Member - Jeff M (WA) - Thursday, Jun 15, 2006 at 23:04

Thursday, Jun 15, 2006 at 23:04
Just a question, I'm not exactly an expert cook, but who the hell deep fries chop bones?!?! How would you get chop bones into bulk vegi oil that's being turned into BD?
FollowupID: 434955

Follow Up By: Member - Pedro the One (QLD) - Thursday, Jun 15, 2006 at 23:57

Thursday, Jun 15, 2006 at 23:57
Crumbed Lamb Cutlets ?????????????? Yummmmm !
FollowupID: 434962

Follow Up By: Member - JohnR (Vic)&Moses - Friday, Jun 16, 2006 at 23:15

Friday, Jun 16, 2006 at 23:15
Guys, some people think that rubbish goes to the same drum. Probably get buts in it too if you really looked. I know others who have used cooking oil for other purposes and found all sorts of rubbish in it. Best if you got it from industry rather than the fish and chip retailer, greaso food supplier.
FollowupID: 435187

Follow Up By: Member - Jeff M (WA) - Saturday, Jun 17, 2006 at 11:14

Saturday, Jun 17, 2006 at 11:14
It shouldn't matter if it's got chop bones or cow eyes in it, it should be filtered and processed so that there is no trace of it by the time you put it in your tank. Someone's probally pulling the micky I reckon.
FollowupID: 435219

Reply By: Member - Andrew W (SA) - Thursday, Jun 15, 2006 at 08:18

Thursday, Jun 15, 2006 at 08:18
Hi Dave,

I have used SAFF Biodiesel in 100LC for 65,000 k's most of the time.

See recent post 34696 as you have dragged up the usual scuttlebut on Biodiesel with this thread.

If you or he has any real concerns I suggest speaking with:

Mike Jureidini
Biofuels Consultant
Australian Farmers Fuel (SAFF)
ph. 1800 000 609
fax 1300 660 664
www.farmersfuel.com.au

and can recommend: State Diesel Repairs, Lot 7 Hakkinen Rd, Wingfield 5013, ph 8244 5133

who service a lot of Biodiesel vehicles.

Ciao for now
Andrew.

AnswerID: 178561

Follow Up By: Member - Jeff M (WA) - Thursday, Jun 15, 2006 at 12:48

Thursday, Jun 15, 2006 at 12:48
Yep, I've been using a locally made BD in 100% form in the surf with only benifits to economy and power.
FollowupID: 434819

Follow Up By: Member - JohnR (Vic)&Moses - Friday, Jun 16, 2006 at 23:18

Friday, Jun 16, 2006 at 23:18
You can say that Andrew but it doesn't alther the fact that the guy in BH I mention above got his Bio fuel from the supplier you mention. He won't put it through his Macks again.
FollowupID: 435188

Reply By: fourstall2000 - Thursday, Jun 15, 2006 at 09:05

Thursday, Jun 15, 2006 at 09:05
I am sure all us Diesel owners hope that the Bio fuel industry is succesful,anything to stop the rip off in place at the moment.
I recently worked for a UD Nissan truck workshop who serviced many long distance haulers of all makes,they have a a shelf on which about 10 bottles of Bio Diesel is displayed from all over the country.
These samples were taken from trucks that had engine and fuel pump failures as a result of this fuel,every sample was of different colour and consistancy.
What is required is a national standard for this fuel that must be adhered to,only then will the consumer have confidence in the product.
Off course it is not in the interests of the petroleum lobby for this to occur,so nothing is being done to establish these standards.
Regards
AnswerID: 178572

Follow Up By: pilbaradisco - Thursday, Jun 15, 2006 at 09:39

Thursday, Jun 15, 2006 at 09:39
Yeah but the Government would want to tax us.

Glen.
FollowupID: 434790

Follow Up By: Member - Andrew W (SA) - Thursday, Jun 15, 2006 at 11:27

Thursday, Jun 15, 2006 at 11:27
"These samples were taken from trucks that had engine and fuel pump failures as a result of this fuel,every sample was of different colour and consistancy."

Obviously these guys know little about Biodiesel.

The colour and consistency of Biodiesel is largely a nature of the feedstocks. This does not affect it's compliance with the Biodiesel Fuel Standard.

THERE IS A NATIONAL STANDARD FOR ALL COMMERCIAL BIODIESEL ALREADY and consumers can have confidence in the product which requires testing.

Sure - there may be some oil industry parties who don't like the idea entirely, but you will find Shell and other oil companies made sensible submissions to the standard development process.

Now - if these alleged fuel samples came from all over the country they could be Biodiesel sourced from anywhere, and could be from well before the Minister's regulation of the Biodiesel standard, so history is history, but the commercial industry has been delivering a quality product that is tested - and has to be in order for them to get the rebate incentive.

Ciao for now
Andrew.
FollowupID: 434806

Follow Up By: Member - Jeff M (WA) - Thursday, Jun 15, 2006 at 12:50

Thursday, Jun 15, 2006 at 12:50
It sounds like these guys using it as a cop out. Just like "speed related" crashes. Yep were deffinatally doing a speed, must have been the problem. These are going to be labeled "Bio fuel related failures".

It'll go somthing like this...

Yep you're wheel fell off - you were using Biodiesel... Oh oh, bloody fuels to blame!

FollowupID: 434820

Follow Up By: Member - Blue (VIC) - Thursday, Jun 15, 2006 at 16:05

Thursday, Jun 15, 2006 at 16:05
Andrew,
"THERE IS A NATIONAL STANDARD FOR ALL COMMERCIAL BIODIESEL ALREADY and consumers can have confidence in the product which requires testing. "

Someone may want to talk to the McColls drivers about this... I don't know who their supplier is but the Melbourne samples seem to fare the worst and several samples have now been taken and tested by independent labs, the most recent of which came back about a week ago... 2,500ppm(parts per million) water, with Cat recommending, if memory serves me correctly, a maximum of around 200ppm... If there is a national standard, some suppliers are having a great deal of difficulty adhereing to it.
FollowupID: 434851

Follow Up By: Member - Jeff M (WA) - Thursday, Jun 15, 2006 at 16:11

Thursday, Jun 15, 2006 at 16:11
BD absorbs a lot of water, that is why storage is important. They also recommend keeping your tank as full as possible and draining your water trap weekly if you do not do a lot of driving. Excessive water may be more a storage and operator problem. Large machines, I would imagine would have large tanks. They may also be stored for periods without use (possibly). I know on my vehicle I had a drum of BD that made my water trap light come on almost weekly on the stuff that came out of the bottom of the drum (last tankful), but it was only one batch that did it. If that was a problem on any diesel engine, the water trap light should come on to at least give you a warning that there is high levels of water in your fuel. If this has not happened, then you should be under a pretty good assumption that your BD is ok. BD is just like diesel, the water will settle to the bottom, hence the trap in the fuel filter at the bottom.
FollowupID: 434854

Follow Up By: Member - Andrew W (SA) - Thursday, Jun 15, 2006 at 16:19

Thursday, Jun 15, 2006 at 16:19
hmmmm .... water .... so because I picked up a load of water in a full tank of diesel from Independent Fuels tuckstop in Central Queensland, should I also blame all of Australia's Biodiesel distributors?

It is surely most likely that the water came from the tanks from which the McColl's drivers dispensed their fuel and not from the Biodiesel manufacturer who, in order to claim the dollars from the Gov't needs to have the test done to .05% vol which is as I guess it ... 500 ppm - which is, I believe, exactly the same as the spec for diesel fuel.

The standard is here:

Site Link

I don't know what you are refering to by Cat - nor the basis or relevance of their recommendation.

McColl's drivers can investigate their supply chain for the source, and then correct it.

But a high water content - that can happen to any diesel fuel, right?
FollowupID: 434857

Follow Up By: Member - Jeff M (WA) - Thursday, Jun 15, 2006 at 16:27

Thursday, Jun 15, 2006 at 16:27
Well at least I know what I'm putting in my tank by using BD. I put a little in a jar and let it settle overnight and I can see if there is any water in it. I pump with a rotary pump out of the drum, so I am picking up the bottom of the tank first (which is where the highest cocentration of water will be).

I was doing some security installations at an "unammed" (I don't want to get sued here) servo once. They had some flooding in the carpark after heavy rain. Their fuel (all of it, ULP, PULP, Diesel) was completley contaminated as the water was leaking into the filler caps on the surface (that are SUPPOSED to be water tight, but they were obviously knackered and not). They new the problem, they had people comming out to drain the bottom of the tanks and add some chemicals in it to try and salvage the massive amounts of fuel. Meanwhile, they were still happily floggin off the fuel to all of the unsuspecting public!
FollowupID: 434858

Reply By: Member - Jeff M (WA) - Thursday, Jun 15, 2006 at 12:52

Thursday, Jun 15, 2006 at 12:52
How long had he been running BD - kms? What form? B5, B20, B50, B100? What was the part that failed in the injector pump? Why did it happen? How exactly is the BD to blame? Where was he buying the BD?

These are all questions I'd be asking before making any kind of judgment on this case.
AnswerID: 178617

Follow Up By: Luke SA - Friday, Jun 16, 2006 at 00:58

Friday, Jun 16, 2006 at 00:58
Jeff the viechle in question is mine i dont use BD all the time only every now and again i might put a tank full in, probably on a estimate ive used about 8-10 tanks of BD in two and a half years that ive owned it. i dont know what form....i just use it. i dont know what part of the injector pump failed cos i forgot to ask (pretty dumb hey that should've been question #1) but its costing me $1000 on its own. he also said BD drys out seals and stuffs up the injectors as two of mine were not working #1&2. Im also wondering that cos my 4by has 344000ks with service history if thats just wear and tear as nothing lasts for ever, but i will say since ive owned it its never missed a beat doesnt matter what oil company i buy my diesel from or oil i use until now (not knocking anyone here just telling the truth)

cheers Luke
FollowupID: 434965

Follow Up By: Member - Jeff M (WA) - Friday, Jun 16, 2006 at 10:06

Friday, Jun 16, 2006 at 10:06
OK if he said it "drys out the seals", if that was his exact words, then:

1. We now know for a fact that this mechanic has got absolutally NFI what he's talkinag about when it comes to BD

and

2. It was probally wear and tear.

BD will destroy rubber seals in older type injector pumps and fuel lines, it won't dry them out, in fact quite the opposite, it will kinda melt them in a way. Eat through them. Of course almost any diesel you buy from the bowser will have similar effects on older rubber seals and components, so you stuffed either way weather your using commcercial petro diesel or biodiesel now days if you have an older vehicle with rubber components.

Sorry to hear about the bill, injector pumps are not cheap items to get rebuilt/calibrated.

If you were uising straight WVO, (Waste vegi oil), without the proccess of turning it into a metho ester, you could potentially clog injectors, especially in colder weather. If you are running BD, it's more than likley that you will actually clean you're injectors, not clog them. I would be blaming 344000k's of using petro diesel on cloged injectors, not a few tanks of BD over 2 years. Since running the surf on B100 for 6months straight (not a drop of Petro diesel been in there), she is almost not smoking at all once warm, even under major load. The power has increased and when warm, she starts heaps easier than before. I, personally, would put this down to a cleaner fuel system (BD is a solvent and a lubricant in 1, it cleans all of the carbon residue left behind by running petro diesel).

I reckon after 344000k's without having to put a spanner to it, go toyota!

FollowupID: 435001

Follow Up By: Luke SA - Friday, Jun 16, 2006 at 14:26

Friday, Jun 16, 2006 at 14:26
i did wonder if it was the BD cos i know a few ppl that use it as do half the 4by owners on here use it. But for the sake of 2-3 cents a litre savings and this warranty i will be gettig with this injector pump i dont think i will be useing it for a while. i supose the only good thing to come out of all this is i get a whole new recon fuel system as he is cleaning out fuel tank, lines and a new filter,recon injectors and recon pump and when i put the turbo on i will not know myself but its come at a price though so i will be keeping the patrol for a few years to come.

344000ks without putting a spanner on it i recon thats pretty good if you ask me IMHO so go the patrol 4.2 lol
FollowupID: 435055

Follow Up By: Member - Jeff M (WA) - Friday, Jun 16, 2006 at 14:31

Friday, Jun 16, 2006 at 14:31
Oh crap, I've been replying to the uni filter one to and got confused, thought you were running the 80 series!! HA HA HA HAHA, oh well... GO NISSAN! :-)

You only saving a few c a litire? is it B100 or B20? I save 30c a litire!
FollowupID: 435056

Reply By: Member - DOZER- Thursday, Jun 15, 2006 at 17:22

Thursday, Jun 15, 2006 at 17:22
Mate, could be anything....i know if the bio is not washed properly, (shortcuts taken) the caustic soda that is left in the fuel will eat out alloy pumps....so it could be the fuel.....i would only trust bio if i made it myself.
Andrew
AnswerID: 178650

Reply By: Member - TPM (SA) - Thursday, Jun 15, 2006 at 21:44

Thursday, Jun 15, 2006 at 21:44
Sounds like a conspiracy !

What fuel does the average distrubutor make the most money from, Standard diesel.

A little bit of Industrial sabotage here and there, gossip ( chop bones ! who sells un filtered fuel ? ) and ineuendo. Is the best way to put fear into the Market.

It is typically shoddy, lazy fuel vendors who create the most problems with any fuel.

If the legislation is followed Bio diesel is the answer to saving Australian farmers livelhoods. West Germany buys 80 % of the worlds canola for Bio diesel production.

Correct facts can help develop new industries and jobs, Gossip ruins it.
AnswerID: 178697

Follow Up By: Member - Andrew W (SA) - Thursday, Jun 15, 2006 at 21:50

Thursday, Jun 15, 2006 at 21:50
Germans might have some traits that mean they don't get along with Australians all the time, but for sure, they know that Biodiesel is a good thing! Most of Europe is using it ... damn the aussie rumour mongers and die hards.

Unfortunately our government spends money giving grants to big business to build biodiesel plants the gazillion litre a day production of which gets exported, while we have to pay through every orifice for expensive dino-diesel and more expensive taxes.

phhhht!
FollowupID: 434932

Follow Up By: Tim HJ61 (WA) - Saturday, Jun 17, 2006 at 13:08

Saturday, Jun 17, 2006 at 13:08
Andrew and TPM,

Rather than reposting check my followup a bit further down this thread on proposed changes to taxing BioD which will allow BP to sell BioD with hydrogonated fats and break the BioD standards, limit economic production of BioD to B5!!! and basically kill off this new industry that in every other blo....dy country is being supported.

Let's all use nuclear power - yippee
Bring on the next election, we need a sensible balance of power party that put a stop to all this madness.

Tim
FollowupID: 435238

Reply By: Spudley - Thursday, Jun 15, 2006 at 22:54

Thursday, Jun 15, 2006 at 22:54
I've been using biodiesel for about ayer now. B20 first and now B100. Apart from clogged fuel filters its been fine. I can also recommend Mike from SAFF as a great technical resource helper outer in general. He showed me a car he's running on SAFF biodiesel recently and I noticed he had a Delphi296 fule filter hooked up in series before his standard fuel filter. I'm trying to work out how to do the same with my Jackaroo now. For info theres a great book about biodiesel available from the Alternative Fuels Association in Melbourne. "From the Fryer to the Fuel Tank" by a guy called Joshua TICKELL (spelling questionable on his name there). It's American but applies here as well. It has some Australian reference sources mentioned as well. For what its worth folks.
Regards.........
Spudley
AnswerID: 178710

Follow Up By: Member - Jeff M (WA) - Friday, Jun 16, 2006 at 10:10

Friday, Jun 16, 2006 at 10:10
I havn't had any dramas with fuel filter yest (touch wood), however my supplier told me that when it get's cold, small residual bit's of animal fat that have snuck through the filtering process can go hard and clog the filter. He said it's rare, but it can happen.

He reckons, keep a spare filter just in case (which I do) and if it does happen, just soak you're old filter in warm/hot BD and rinse it out, he said it'll be fine again after that, you can re-use it. If cause he recomends only using the filter for it's normal service life, but you don't have to buy and additional filters this way.

Maybe it just doesn't get cold enough here for me to have to worry about it! ;-) Mind you it's 6c at the mo and I'm just about to hope into the surf and fire her up!

Bye!
FollowupID: 435003

Follow Up By: Member - Andrew W (SA) - Friday, Jun 16, 2006 at 15:53

Friday, Jun 16, 2006 at 15:53
Dear Jeff,

I'm worried about your supplier ... there should be no residual animal fat at all.

Biodiesel, like diesel for that matter, has a rather high gel-point - ie. it solidifies at quite high temperatures - low single digit celsius.

What ends up in your fuel filter should not be solids from the fuel at all ... if it is, he is not running the process through to completion or not separating/filtering the Biodiesel from the Glycerin (the more likely solid in the fuel).

So - filters - the filters collect the residues that have typically built up over the years from the use of fossil fuels. The biodiesel is a superior solvent and cleans off these residues which end up in ... your fuel filter. And they are usually quite evident when you clean it out.

Replacing your filter is the usual way of doing it, and once replaced the first time, it is unusual for additional residues to get flushed through, unless you strike a marked in crease in temperature later on.

Ciao for now
Andrew who thinks you are perhaps hoping on your supplier, not your surf.
FollowupID: 435079

Follow Up By: Member - Jeff M (WA) - Friday, Jun 16, 2006 at 16:59

Friday, Jun 16, 2006 at 16:59
I havn't had a blocked filter at all yet after 800L of BD and temperatures as low as 2.1c overnight. So I'm not worried. He's been selling the stuff for a number of years himself and runs his own vehicles (business and personal) and families vehicles off it and has done since he started manufactuering it (his son actually has a surf just like mine, he delivered my drum once when he was a little snowed under and I had a chat to him about it). I figured if these guys are and have been running it for over 2 years without any dramas other than a rare instance of a blocked filter in cold weather, I'm happy with that. That's not even getting into all of his customers who have also been running it too. He's actually looking at going into WVO mod's now too. He's looking at converting his delivery vehicle (a 75 series yota) to run BD in one tank and WVO in the aux tank with heaters and retro fitted injectors. Will be interesting to see how he goes with that, if the fuel prices keep going up, might be a good excuse to get an aux tank for the surf! LOL I've read good things about SVO convertions othes have done in both Perth and Europe.

I pump it through a clear hose from the drum and as I said earlier I put a sample in a jar each time I get a new drum, havn't seen anything visible to the naked eye.
FollowupID: 435101

Follow Up By: Member - Andrew W (SA) - Friday, Jun 16, 2006 at 17:15

Friday, Jun 16, 2006 at 17:15
good for you Jeff - certainly Perth is WVO capital of Australia.

Nice to see that his product quality is ahead of his rhetoric ;-)
FollowupID: 435110

Reply By: hoyks - Friday, Jun 16, 2006 at 16:30

Friday, Jun 16, 2006 at 16:30
I run mine on Biodiesel that I get from a manufacturer that supplies Sydney Ferries, NSW Waterways Authority (the mob that build wharves and channel markers and stuff) and Newcastle City Council.

These users have a lot more at stake than the insignificant cost of a rebuilt injector pump on my Nissan and have done their homework as to the suitability of the product, so I have no problem filling up with it.

In two years on and off use (mostly on) I have yet to need to change a filter, although I have and it looked almost new. I run 2 filters, a Delphi type and the NI$$AN original. So have 2 moisture traps and not a drop of water in either. Buying direct from the supplier and knowing how the product has been transported and stored may have something to do with that.
AnswerID: 178815

Reply By: Tim HJ61 (WA) - Friday, Jun 16, 2006 at 20:52

Friday, Jun 16, 2006 at 20:52
I'll wade into this as a WVO user, backing up what Jeff and Andrew have to say. BioD and WVO have far more lubricosity than dino diesel, far better for the mechanicals. In fact, the European BioD industry is growing not so much because of it's environmental credentials, but because it adds the essential lubricosity to the low sulphur diesel and stops the higher wear that stuff causes.

The sooner we get more bioD available in various blends to suit peoples attitude and anxiety, the better. Yes, Perth is probably the WVO capital, the natural heat in the climate suits us.

But what is our Govt doing to this essential and growing industry?
First they are letting BP use hydrogenated fats in their BioD, which contravenes the standard.
Second they are changing the tax laws - in Parliament right now - to ensure only B5 remains an economically viable alternative to produce. This is bull....., absolute bull - as at the same time they are pushing ahead with debate no nuclear.

Couple of links to the latest info I could find.
Site Link
Site Link

The ATO boffins haven't done any modelling on these proposals as they were clearly stating in the Senate committee that this was simply government policy, not their choice.

So perhaps the naysayers and spreaders of bad tidings about anything new will get their own way afterall - no bioD industry - heck, let's just use all this fossil fuel, it's wonderful stuff.. Until the low sulphur diesel starts having an impact - what are you going to blame for your problems then?

Bah humbug.

Tim
AnswerID: 178852

Follow Up By: Member - Jeff M (WA) - Saturday, Jun 17, 2006 at 11:36

Saturday, Jun 17, 2006 at 11:36
I am ashamed to be an Australian....

Looks like I may have to go back on what I said on the Member Message and look further into the WVO in the short term.

I have emailed those links and my opinion on the issue to the sunrise soap box. Fingers crossed they may see how terrible this is for this country and put it on the air.
FollowupID: 435229

Follow Up By: Dave ....Adelaide - Saturday, Jun 17, 2006 at 20:03

Saturday, Jun 17, 2006 at 20:03
Tim

" Until the low sulphur diesel starts having an impact - what are you going to blame for your problems then?"

Read my original post ..Properley ..i dont remember saying i blame anyone....
Cheers .....Dave
FollowupID: 435275

Follow Up By: Tim HJ61 (WA) - Saturday, Jun 17, 2006 at 21:17

Saturday, Jun 17, 2006 at 21:17
Dave,

No you didn't, I could have worded my posting a bit better, or let it sit and review it after a while. Case of feeling a bit peeved off, and banging off a posting.

I do need to be fair to the others on the forum that are cautious about BioD. Caution is different from bagging something new. No Dave, you weren't bagging something new, just passing on an observation, and I didn't have you in mind when I wrote 'you' if you know what I mean.

What gets me peeved are people, whether they be mechanics who are saying the BioD dries the seals out, or just because an engine has stopped, or a wheel falling off like Jeff says, it all must be BioD's fault. Plainly ignorant and whats more, very keen to spread their ignorance.

At the same time we have the government bagging the BioD industry; (see my posting with the links regarding the bills in the Senate right now); supporting the big companies to break the industry standard, limit economic production of BioD to B5 AND hold an enquiry into nuclear power.

So with these two things together, I get a bit defensive and easily peeved about BioD and WVO - or any alternative fuels and innovation.

Thanks
Tim
FollowupID: 435290

Sponsored Links