embarassing moments

Submitted: Saturday, Jun 17, 2006 at 13:10
ThreadID: 35012 Views:1986 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
goodday all
talk about embarrassing got the new tyres fitted this morning while they were being fitted in richmond i went for a wander up bridge rd have a look around and grab some cash towards the tryes 1st try machine cancels action Ahhh i think new card credit unions lowered daily amount so i lower cash amountout it comes try again for more (greedy)cancels action again no probs its a visa credit/debit card so back to beaurepaires go to pay swipe new card DECLINED swipe old card Declined ring SWMBO get her card number and expiry date no probs ithink new bloody cards punch in her number Declined oh oh ah Shi??? try them all over again what to do finally rang a mate and said i need $$$$$ can you do fortunately he said yes otherwise what do you do ???? leave car until credit union reopens on monday

PS Truckie they are on and truck feels great

steve

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Troll 81 (QLD) - Saturday, Jun 17, 2006 at 13:21

Saturday, Jun 17, 2006 at 13:21
sounds like you got some good mates .... :)

What tyres did you get
AnswerID: 178928

Follow Up By: Old Scalyback & denny - Saturday, Jun 17, 2006 at 14:24

Saturday, Jun 17, 2006 at 14:24
goodday troll
put a set of wrangler silent armour on never had them before but was a good deal so we will see how they go

steve
FollowupID: 435245

Reply By: agsmky - Saturday, Jun 17, 2006 at 13:36

Saturday, Jun 17, 2006 at 13:36
Was travelling through Adelaide earlier this year (We live in North Qld) and stopped into a servo to pay for fuel. My wife went into the ATM to get some money out and the damn thing ate her CC. Not to worry, she thought, she will use another one (she didn't stop to think why it had eaten the card when we had thousands of dollars left on the card in credit). Anyway, it ate the second card (our last card!). We were stuck in Adelaide late on a Friday arvo (after banks closed), $50 in our wallet, No local branch (only a Qld bank!), absolutely no help whatsoever from the staff.....they wouldn't even place a note on the machine for future users, stating it's not their problem if others get screwed.

Fortunately we could ring up a friend in Adelaide and help us out until monday when we had to fax a letter to our Qld bank to get them to transfer some money to our friend. They were not helpful either as they could send a new card to us (in a couple of weeks if we gave them an address to send it to).

Learnt a couple of lessons on that trip ;-)

Andrew
AnswerID: 178931

Reply By: Mr Fawlty - Saturday, Jun 17, 2006 at 17:17

Saturday, Jun 17, 2006 at 17:17
I had one of those fee free cards with a rounded corner & fed it into a machine at Bourke at the fuel depot. Swallowed the card & would not return it so at 2:27 am had to phone the number on the box and got the manager out of bed to free my card... Imagine my horror when he arrived and pointed to the sign on the machine that read "this machine is not compatible with virgin Cards"... I didn't actually see the sign as it was on the outside of the box on the side away from the light....
AnswerID: 178957

Follow Up By: Member - Howard (ACT) - Saturday, Jun 17, 2006 at 19:16

Saturday, Jun 17, 2006 at 19:16
Hi Fawlty.
at least I wouldnt have had to worry worry about my credit card beiong a "virgin "
its been done over many a time.
cheers
Howard

Resigned to Retirement

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 435266

Sponsored Links