Thanks Howard

Submitted: Saturday, Jun 17, 2006 at 17:50
ThreadID: 35019 Views:1517 Replies:1 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
No, not the PM, Howard Taylor. I posted here a couple of weeks ago asking for any ideas on mounting an autotune HF aerial on my 80 series as I have no bar or rear wheel carrier. I got an offer of help from Howard who lives 15 minutes down the road. Long story short but Howard has been fantastic in modifying and old carrier he had and has fashioned a beaut swing away carrier for the rear of the vehicle. Perfect solution which gets the aerial up to a nice height and swings clear of the tailgate very nicely.

It set me to thinking how much effort (and money) the advice and offers of assistance on this forum can save you. I have made a set of drawers for the rear of my vehicle from an idea I got on this forum. They look pretty professional (if I say so myself) and cost me under $250 bucks. Sometimes good advice stops you from fitting something that may be a bad idea (no reference to any fuel saving devices intended).

Some folks on here talking about good deeds and a sense of community (post 34995). Well, I've gotta tell you it is alive and well amongst this forum. I know you can access the collective wisdom here without subscribing, but my subscription has certainly provided a return and was money well spent. So for those who are sitting on the fence, sign up and keep it alive.

Thanks all, and thanks Howard,

Matt.

Then again, maybe it hasn't saved me too much money. Two blue buttons being added to the truck this week after some research and advice from you lot. Bugger, that's going to cost ;-)
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: fc_holden - Saturday, Jun 17, 2006 at 22:09

Saturday, Jun 17, 2006 at 22:09
Matt
Whats a blue Button???????????
Live One Day at a Time for Tomorrow May Never Come.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 179001

Follow Up By: Member - Matt M (ACT) - Saturday, Jun 17, 2006 at 22:19

Saturday, Jun 17, 2006 at 22:19
Air locker
FollowupID: 435300

Follow Up By: fc_holden - Saturday, Jun 17, 2006 at 23:14

Saturday, Jun 17, 2006 at 23:14
Doh!
OK thanks
Live One Day at a Time for Tomorrow May Never Come.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 435306

Sponsored Links