Engel Water Tank

Submitted: Tuesday, Jun 20, 2006 at 01:44
ThreadID: 35093 Views:2379 Replies:3 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Hi

Please put me out of my misery - my mind is a blank on this one.

I am looking at putting a 50l Engel Water tank in the back of Patrol GU - subject to final measurement - to sit behind 2 x 40l Engel up against cargo barrier.

Issue is merely this. I seem to recall reading somewhere (here??) that as an option you can add a pressurising kit (up to 7psi). However, I now can't find any details of this option - and ARB are suggesting that no such option exists.

Can someone please set the record straight - either way I will be happy (at least to know the answer). Any other related feedback also welcome as always.

Thanks

Alan
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: the real chopper - Tuesday, Jun 20, 2006 at 03:04

Tuesday, Jun 20, 2006 at 03:04
now that you mention it, I don't recall seeing the water tank in their latest catalogue, i just jumped over to their website and I could not find it there either... strange
AnswerID: 179384

Reply By: Member - Ivan (ACT) - Wednesday, Jun 21, 2006 at 06:56

Wednesday, Jun 21, 2006 at 06:56
why wouldn't you just whack a self priming, pressure activated pump on there to deliver the water? - $100...

(got no idea how much the pressurising kit is..)

Mine is at Site Link
Cheers,

Ivan
2008 D4D Prado

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 179597

Follow Up By: Member - Jeff M (WA) - Friday, Jun 30, 2006 at 11:12

Friday, Jun 30, 2006 at 11:12
Here Here! Alan, just pop down to the 12v Shop in Kewdale, they sell the Flowjet's for about $100, you'll only need the smallest model, that's the one I've been using for over 2 years now and it's brilliant! Easy as to setup as well.
FollowupID: 437530

Reply By: Sid_Fish - Thursday, Jun 29, 2006 at 20:16

Thursday, Jun 29, 2006 at 20:16
I just installed the Engel tank behind my cargo barrier - it came with the pressurising kit, which consists simply of a schraeder valve stuck in the middle of the filler cap so you can pump it up a bit with your compressor or hand pump. I've never bothered using it as I find gravity is good enough to get a good flow.
My ARB man who installed the tank also advised against using the standard garden hose fitting that comes with the tank, allowing the tank outlet to be plumbed via a hose to a fitting on the rear panel of the drawer system in my LC100 - apparently these fittings often leak. Instead I've just got a hose from the tank outlet with an in-line tap at the other end. It's long enough to reach right outside the back of the vehicle, anda terminates in a male hose fitting the other side of the tap, enabling easy filling from any hose.

Sid
AnswerID: 181095

Follow Up By: Sid_Fish - Friday, Jun 30, 2006 at 10:15

Friday, Jun 30, 2006 at 10:15
I should also mention that because my drawer system includes a fridge slider, ARB mounted the tank on a couple of small metal brackets either side of the slider, a solution which failed fairly miserably on the first trip away - the brackets were too flimsy (they bent), inadequately screwed (they stripped), and not enough to support the supposedly rigid plastic tank (it sagged onto the slider anyway when full).
I now propose to do it myself by beefing up the brackets a bit higher and stronger, and running a couple of pieces of steel angle between them so as to support the tank along its entire length.
Hope this helps.
Cheers
Sid
FollowupID: 437521

Follow Up By: Member - Jeff M (WA) - Friday, Jun 30, 2006 at 11:15

Friday, Jun 30, 2006 at 11:15
Mines not an Engel tank, it's just a generic 52L one, but sounds very similar. Mine sites under my storage box between the wheel arches behind the seat. Because it was a frew mm out, it sat about 1cm high off the floor because of the shape of the wheel arches. I just slid a scrap peice of MDF underneath and it's been fine for years now! Never moves as there is too much weight on it from the tank.
FollowupID: 437531

Sponsored Links