Dealership good service

Submitted: Wednesday, Jun 21, 2006 at 11:02
ThreadID: 35135 Views:1752 Replies:5 FollowUps:7
This Thread has been Archived
As people are always happy to tell about their experience with bad service, i want to tell about some good service from My Nissan Dealer. I dont mind saying who it is as i was happy with their service, it was Duncan Nissan in Perth.

I didnt buy the vehicle form them i bought it new from some one else but after one service decided to change and went to Duncans where it has been serviced since.

When i took my Patrol in for its 70,000 service they mentioned that the gearbox had a problem with syncro on 3rd and that they had arranged with Nissan that the next service to remove the box and check it, all under warranty. They advised they needed for 3-4 days.

So the next service i arranged for them to have it for 4 days and took it a couple of weeks ago. Any way it took longer than required and they rang me on the thursday and told me they need it longer. I explained that i needed it back by the friday as i was going away and neede to leave a spare car with my wife in case of problems with hers. And they offered a loaner free of charge until mine was ready.

They gave a new Tida for 3-4 days while they fininshed mine off. They rplaced 3rd gear synchro and rebuilt the gearbox all under warranty with out a fight and offered a free loaner.

Just though it would be good to tell of a good experience.

Alan
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Trevor R (QLD) - Wednesday, Jun 21, 2006 at 11:26

Wednesday, Jun 21, 2006 at 11:26
It is good to hear good news stories about Nissan dealerships as they are rare :-(((
The one time I got a loan car from Nissan it turned out to be a Pulsar (replaceing my very loaded Patrol) so within 10 mins the back seat was ripped out of the Pulsar and in went 3/4 of a tonne of gear and off I went... 2500km in 3 days but when I got back the dealer mentioned that that would be the last time I get a loaner from them??? don't know why hahaha.
This treatment is not out of the ordinary to my Patrol so I suggested that when they give loan cars maybe it should reflect what vehicle it is replacing ie ute for a ute, Patrol for a Patrol ect ect.
Anyway good to hear about a dealer backing their products sold.

Cheers, Trevor.
AnswerID: 179637

Follow Up By: camship - Wednesday, Jun 21, 2006 at 14:33

Wednesday, Jun 21, 2006 at 14:33
oh, why don't they give you a ferrari?
anything else, you fries with that?
FollowupID: 435875

Follow Up By: fisho64 - Wednesday, Jun 21, 2006 at 18:59

Wednesday, Jun 21, 2006 at 18:59
probably the last time anyone except Nanna gets a loan car from them. Still at least you had fun??
FollowupID: 435916

Follow Up By: Trevor R (QLD) - Wednesday, Jun 21, 2006 at 19:38

Wednesday, Jun 21, 2006 at 19:38
hey camship,
fairs fair, I bought a Patrol to do a particular job, if it craps itself due to a warrantable default then I feel it should be replaced with an equivalent for the time it takes the manufacturer to fix the said car. If they give me something inferior to what I bought then they should expect that inferior/less capable vehicle to be worked as hard as I would normally work my usual car. I don't expect a higher quality or capable vehicle just same for same.
If you bought a computer with 1gig ram and the seller replaced it with somthing that had 28meg of ram while they fixed your normal computer I think you would be pretty peeved and rightly so IMO.

Cheers, Trevor.
FollowupID: 435925

Follow Up By: fisho64 - Thursday, Jun 22, 2006 at 00:32

Thursday, Jun 22, 2006 at 00:32
I wasnt aware that they were obliged to provide a replacement, my mistake?
I was thinking that the little car was provided as a courtesy, to save you inconvenience, but now I see you were perfectly correct to abuse it to semi destruction and teach that inconsiderate car dealer a lesson he will remember (next time someone needs it)
FollowupID: 435975

Follow Up By: Member - John R (NSW) - Thursday, Jun 22, 2006 at 07:01

Thursday, Jun 22, 2006 at 07:01
You're right Fisho. It's purely done as an act of goodwill by the dealer. There is no obligation to provide alternative transport.

Sadly, because of abuse of their vehicles many dealers no longer provide this service, and of those that do charge you for it.

No, I'm not a dealer.
FollowupID: 435984

Reply By: Patrol_Driver - Wednesday, Jun 21, 2006 at 16:41

Wednesday, Jun 21, 2006 at 16:41
Took my Patrol in to Hornsby Nissan for the 60,000km service and when I went to pick it up, the technician told me that my caster bushes were split and may need replacing, but because it was an after market kit (OME) they recommended I see the supplier to re-fit them.

So based on this advice, off I went to an ARB dealer who had a look and confirmed that they were split and did need replacing, they asked me how I picked it up and I told them it was the technician at the Nissan dealership, they were most impressed.

I guess they do more than change my oil and wash my windscreen :-)
AnswerID: 179691

Follow Up By: Leroy - Friday, Jun 23, 2006 at 06:11

Friday, Jun 23, 2006 at 06:11
funny that as my BIL had his split also and ARB said they had never seen that before.

Leroy
FollowupID: 436182

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Wednesday, Jun 21, 2006 at 19:22

Wednesday, Jun 21, 2006 at 19:22
I believe it gets down to the mechanic servicing the car, regardless of who they work for.

Most competent tradesmen (whoops, tradespersons) are proud of their work and give that little bit of extra service as part of their normal day's work.
Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 179738

Reply By: Wizard1 - Thursday, Jun 22, 2006 at 12:37

Thursday, Jun 22, 2006 at 12:37
Its like everything, you get some good ones and others that aren't so good regardless of make.

Had a several problems with T/Case seals over the last couple of years. Seems no one actually did the WHOLE job, just tried to change this one seal. After the local dealer here, Hinterland Toyota, Nerang, took a couple of days and replaced every single seal it has been fine since.

Despite the advice to go to independants, I've found most dealership services fine and they are willing to fix their mistakes without question. Had the oil light come on 2 weeks after service in Darwin. Drove in, it was on the hoist and oil changed, not just topped up, in 15 minutes!

AnswerID: 179856

Follow Up By: fisho64 - Friday, Jun 23, 2006 at 01:55

Friday, Jun 23, 2006 at 01:55
must have been a reason for the oil light to come on??
FollowupID: 436177

Reply By: Leroy - Friday, Jun 23, 2006 at 06:26

Friday, Jun 23, 2006 at 06:26
Wangaratta Nissan. I've been pretty happy with thier service. They seem to look after me so thought I'd give them a plug.

Nissan HQ however.....they are a whole different ball game. They are why my gearbox wasn't fixed within a week instead of back and forth for 2 stints totalling 5weeks!

Leroy
AnswerID: 180001

Sponsored Links