camping in southern queensland

Submitted: Wednesday, Jun 21, 2006 at 11:55
ThreadID: 35138 Views:2318 Replies:6 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Am travelling to the area from maclean nsw to goondiwindi and then to the bunya mountains could anyone make suggestions where to camp and where to visit have 4 adults and one teenager 16 years and female and does anyone know if R M williams has a seconds shop in Toowoomba thanks for any help. barb
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Oldplodder (QLD) - Wednesday, Jun 21, 2006 at 21:35

Wednesday, Jun 21, 2006 at 21:35
Ross barb

Noticed you havn't had an answer yet.

Which way are you heading from mcClean to G'windi?

Could head up through St George and across that way.
Roma/Moonie has a bit to see.
Suppose you will head up the mountains from Dalby.

Not sure of camping areas/spots through that area.

AnswerID: 179768

Follow Up By: rossbarb - Thursday, Jun 22, 2006 at 08:37

Thursday, Jun 22, 2006 at 08:37
Thanks for the reply we are going to head up through Tenterfield as I desparately need to call in to one of the bakers there and buy a Lumberjack cake actually will but 2 or 3 as they are so good
Is there any good camping outside Bunya as I have heard that you cant have a fire at Bunya and this time of year need one and I like a fire thanks once again for your reply Barb
FollowupID: 435994

Reply By: Member - vivien C (VIC) - Wednesday, Jun 21, 2006 at 22:26

Wednesday, Jun 21, 2006 at 22:26
Don't know about RMWilliams seconds shop in Toowoomba but there used to be a shop called Rhonda's Refits where you could buy second hand Wranglers etc and some of the clothing came from the US.

The Bunya Mtns are great. We camped there a few years ago.

Best wishes

Viv
AnswerID: 179783

Reply By: Trevor R (QLD) - Wednesday, Jun 21, 2006 at 22:35

Wednesday, Jun 21, 2006 at 22:35
I wouldn't go out of my way to camp here but if you pass through Yetman at the right time, the river has some OK camp spots for a nights rest. Some might even say OK for longer. Yetman is on the road between Tenterfield and Boggabilla and Goondi. Also on this road, just out of Tenterfield (maybe 1/2 hr) there is a dam but for the life of me I can't remember what it is called but I have been told it is nice but I don't have first hand experience with this one. AHHHH Glenlyon Dam if I remember right.
Most of the dams and lakes like Coolmunda (near Inglewood) will be pretty low so maybe not that enticing at the moment???
Hope this gives you a few clues anyway.

Regards, Trevor.
AnswerID: 179786

Reply By: Member - vivien C (VIC) - Thursday, Jun 22, 2006 at 09:15

Thursday, Jun 22, 2006 at 09:15
Rossbarb,

You can camp and have fire at Bald Rock NP which is up the Mt Lindesay Highway from Tenterfield. The climb up Bald Rock is good fun too. Crows Nest Np near the town of Crows Nest has camping with fires allowed too.

Viv
AnswerID: 179817

Reply By: Laura B - Thursday, Jun 22, 2006 at 13:35

Thursday, Jun 22, 2006 at 13:35
suppose to be bit around Roma to see so ive heard but havent been that way myself....

I met the man himself......came into work and filled up his brand new red statesman with RMW number plate....then this old man started to walk into the shop and noticed his boots and his clothes were all RMW gear then his Credit Card had R M Williams on it and his signature - i shook his hand and said it was a pleasure to see him and told him to keep on treckin' . He told me that he's finished with the treckin' and that the bowling club looks like a great place to be right now!! He said he didnt wanna be round too much longer just in case everyone all of a sudden forgot him.....12 monts later...RIP.....true story.....

Laura B
AnswerID: 179879

Reply By: wheeler - Thursday, Jun 22, 2006 at 16:11

Thursday, Jun 22, 2006 at 16:11
Might be a bit of your way, but there are good camping facilities at the Nindi Gully pub. Campsites on the river bank and the pub is fantattic. They filmed the movie paperback hero there and your 16year old female will enjoy checking the pics of a young Hugh Jacman.
AnswerID: 179905

Sponsored Links