Thanks to those that promote ExplorOz

Submitted: Wednesday, Jun 21, 2006 at 13:18
ThreadID: 35139 Views:2087 Replies:7 FollowUps:6
This Thread has been Archived
Hi everyone, just wanted to make a special effort to pass on our thanks to those of you who are out there doing all you can to mention ExplorOz.com to the businesses and stores you go to/visit. Recently, quite a few of those companies have contacted me to enquire about advertising rates and have mentioned that they were referred by the users of our site - so thank you all!

Don't forget that we have Promotional Cards, sized like a business card, that you can pop into your wallet and hand them out when appropriate. Also, we have new A3 colour posters, featuring the French Line track that anyone can order if you are doing a show or similar and would like some promotional signage. Use the shop, or give Jackie a call to order them and we'll glady post them out. Free of course :-)
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Alloy c/t - Wednesday, Jun 21, 2006 at 14:07

Wednesday, Jun 21, 2006 at 14:07
Just ordered some of the promo cards to hand out and put on a cple of notice boards ,, every time swmbo mentions ExploreOz at her place of toil people want the cyberspace addy .
AnswerID: 179670

Reply By: madcow - Wednesday, Jun 21, 2006 at 14:37

Wednesday, Jun 21, 2006 at 14:37
Have dropped them off everywhjere in our travels as well as the 4wd show in Albury earler this year.
AnswerID: 179674

Reply By: Peter McG (Member, Melbourne) - Wednesday, Jun 21, 2006 at 18:53

Wednesday, Jun 21, 2006 at 18:53
Michelle,

Please send me a few cards.

Cheers

Peter
Peter
VKS Mobile 1906

AnswerID: 179727

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Wednesday, Jun 21, 2006 at 19:00

Wednesday, Jun 21, 2006 at 19:00
Peter, please order your promotional cards from the shop - see Site Link
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 435917

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Wednesday, Jun 21, 2006 at 19:33

Wednesday, Jun 21, 2006 at 19:33
Michelle,

Good to hear some feedback. I'm sure we all like to brag about being members of ExplorOz.

I referred a Camping business to ExplorOz (gave them a promo card) but I've no idea if they followed up on it.

You know the old saying "you can lead a horse to water...etc.....etc.."

Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

AnswerID: 179741

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Thursday, Jun 22, 2006 at 13:56

Thursday, Jun 22, 2006 at 13:56
Thanks Sand Man, the saying is exactly right and I'm always comfortable that we have a good product/service - but of course it all depends if they get the results - ie. that our readers respond to their advertising in terms of clickthroughs and sales. 90% of advertisers who start with us now are renewing their contracts and usually increasing the exposure of their campaigns (= $). We don't expect you to do anymore than just give us the referal. The word of mouth is sufficient and much appreciated :-)
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 436054

Reply By: Derek from Affordable Batteries & Radiators - Wednesday, Jun 21, 2006 at 20:01

Wednesday, Jun 21, 2006 at 20:01
Hi Michelle

Yes, Thank you for all the cards and stickers for the Brisbane Caravan and Camping show. We had many of the QLD members pop in and we gave them all stickers and cards.

It was nice to meet many of the members and put faces to names.

Regards Derek.
AnswerID: 179753

Reply By: The Rambler( W.A.) - Wednesday, Jun 21, 2006 at 20:23

Wednesday, Jun 21, 2006 at 20:23
It's good to see that Exploroz is being promoted by many in their travels(including myself) but it would be nice to see the many visitors join up as members as without the members maybe we wouldn't have the site.I appreciate that visitors also have a good input of information but nothing these days runs succesfully without money,and really it is a very low cost membership for all the information that is available.
AnswerID: 179759

Follow Up By: Member - Troll 81 (QLD) - Thursday, Jun 22, 2006 at 00:44

Thursday, Jun 22, 2006 at 00:44
I 110% agree with you the cost is nothing comparing to the knowledge that you will gain and learn
FollowupID: 435976

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Thursday, Jun 22, 2006 at 14:01

Thursday, Jun 22, 2006 at 14:01
Thank you Rambler,
Yes Membership is very valuable to us and is an important part of our business. This is why you will notice that we go out of our way to give the members MORE features everytime we launch a new site facility. For a person that actually uses the unique parts of the site, the raw cost of the Membership Benefits more than outweighs the fee, which is just $30/yr with an initial joining fee of $20. But as you say, there is also the intrinsic satisfaction of being a Member, knowing that its optional but making your financial contribution to something that you value/enjoy. We know that not everyone wants to be a member, and don't expect anyone to feel guilty if they aren't, but please know that it is very very much used to help run the site. Did you know that we are soon going to setup a Members Blogs-style facility? Oopps, secret's out!!
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 436058

Reply By: Laura B - Thursday, Jun 22, 2006 at 13:38

Thursday, Jun 22, 2006 at 13:38
Michelle,

Have you ever thought of having a stand at a camping/caravan type of show ???

Laura B...
AnswerID: 179880

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Thursday, Jun 22, 2006 at 13:49

Thursday, Jun 22, 2006 at 13:49
Why? when we can reach a larger audience on the site than at the show and the shows costs an exhibitor an arm and a leg plus you have to be there everyday for the period of the show, and some of them run for 5 days. That's a lot of expense when you consider downtime in the office and the cost of being interstate etc on top. Given that the real tangible things we "sell" are advertising (which is not for consumers who would be attending the show), maps and books (which are not our own publications, but those of people like Hema already at the show) and the site is generally free to use for the public, it is a cost-justification thing that YES we've looked at but can't justify. What would we actually put on show - a few computers offering login to the site? Then I need broadband at the exhibitors site, which has ruled out some exhibitions as they don't offer those facilities. Gets hard as you can see. You all just want to have a chat with us don't you! Tee hee hee - if so, then you'll just have to catch up with us when we're out travelling! LOL
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 436051

Sponsored Links