Fishing - Isisford - Old Cork (again)

Submitted: Thursday, Jun 22, 2006 at 23:39
ThreadID: 35203 Views:2730 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Yep, same question as last week: how are the water levels in the general area? (And why the hell would you tell me anyway, 'cause shore as shi! I wouldn't tell you, should you ask).

But just in case there is an "Exploroz" member in that area who is happy to trade secrets, we have a nice spot near Bundy., 4wd,but too much cover for OKA's(as our 'ex Patrol' mate ) discovered recently.

This entry started as a one-sided 'Please help', and may end as a mutual help.
. We drive a Rodeo 'ute. Nothing flash.We are 'semi retired' apparently, and have averaged 3 of 12 months a year over 4 years living out of the 'ute.
. Maybe some folk from that area just indicated would care to enjoy a reciprocal visit to this area.
. Thanks eh,
. Jeff.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bros 1 - Friday, Jun 23, 2006 at 07:05

Friday, Jun 23, 2006 at 07:05
Jeff H,
Bob Y is the local man, if he wants to give away secrets.
Cheers,
Bros.
Work is the curse of the down and out bludger.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 180008

Reply By: Member - Jeff H (QLD) - Friday, Jun 23, 2006 at 21:04

Friday, Jun 23, 2006 at 21:04
Thanks Bros 1. Where do I find Bob Y?
Doesn't matter much I guess, we're coming back anyway. To snag a fish would be sauce on the steak.
. Thanks for taking the time.
. Jeff H.
AnswerID: 180139

Follow Up By: Bob Y. - Qld - Sunday, Jun 25, 2006 at 20:41

Sunday, Jun 25, 2006 at 20:41
Jeff,

Been dobbed in, eh?

Most of the major rivers out here, Barcoo, Thomson, Diamantina and Georgina, would still be running, or trickling, in the mid to lower areas. So most of the accessible waterholes are full.

Few blokes have been fishing in the local area, near Old Cork, and think fish were a bit scarce. I'd try Old Cork, anyway. Makes a good camp, beautiful waterhole.

hooroo...
Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 436562

Sponsored Links