Supreme

Submitted: Sunday, Jun 25, 2006 at 23:31
ThreadID: 35272 Views:2074 Replies:10 FollowUps:6
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all we picked up the New Supreme Getaway on Saturday and took it up to Bruce Rock, where it will live.

Tows well and had every thing we asked for, BUT gee they are poorly made,
This is my first caravan so I cannot compere, every thing looks good and shiny until you look close..

They could not be made by tradesmen (I hope)

Anyway it should do the job

Richard

!MPG:18!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Bware (Tweed Valley) - Monday, Jun 26, 2006 at 00:06

Monday, Jun 26, 2006 at 00:06
Don't look close.......
The outlaws bought a Corrimal 22' about 6 years ago and I can't believe the issues they've had. At first it was covered by warranty....
Broken door handle (replaced 3 times), leaky window seals, hot water system, toilet... these are not minor issues like a bit of trimming coming loose (maybe that's what they pride themselves in). Here's hoping yours serves you well.
Personally, it's bad enough owning a car and worrying about what can go wong with it....
AnswerID: 180334

Reply By: Motherhen - Monday, Jun 26, 2006 at 00:09

Monday, Jun 26, 2006 at 00:09
Is that the tiny off-roader with the door at the back? If so, we have met 2 couples who have them and are pleased with their choice. Sure hope yours performs better than your close inspection indicates.

If you are unhappy with the quality of the workmanship - let them know - stick up for your rights and demand better. They have a name to live up to.

Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 180335

Follow Up By: Richard Kovac - Monday, Jun 26, 2006 at 00:22

Monday, Jun 26, 2006 at 00:22
Motherhen

Yes it's the tiny off-roader

My problem is that I'm a boilermaker by trade and when you look at the welding (it's Bad) and even the the timber work is if-ey, replaced a trex screw that had striped, had to replace the globe in the rear awning light, when I remove the light there were 4 screw holes two were in the wrong place so they just screwed in two more..

I've got a thing in life that if that's as good as they can do now it's no use taking it back to them.

We will make it work

As I said I might be just being picky

Thanks

Richard
FollowupID: 436593

Follow Up By: Motherhen - Monday, Jun 26, 2006 at 00:26

Monday, Jun 26, 2006 at 00:26
Hi Richard - you're not being picky - you paid for a quality product and should have got just that. Hope you can fix all the obvious, and don't find something else wrong when you get out on the road. Hope it gives you many good holidays.
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 436594

Follow Up By: Member - Beatit (QLD) - Monday, Jun 26, 2006 at 13:22

Monday, Jun 26, 2006 at 13:22
G'day Richard,

"I've got a thing in life that if that's as good as they can do now it's no use taking it back to them." Well said and I couldn't agree more.

It is so true that with any product that if the final product does not contain the overall pride of the people building, supplying and selling those goods then the consumer is hardly going to get satisfaction later. I think it would be ok if it appeared to be a single item of oversight but sadly this is not the case a lot of the time and no amount of pointing it out will result in a better item for you or the next buyer.

Hope it works out for you and that it gives many decaded of joy.

Kind regards
FollowupID: 436651

Reply By: Keith_A (Qld) - Monday, Jun 26, 2006 at 08:58

Monday, Jun 26, 2006 at 08:58
Hi Richard - My Brother-in-law and sister bought a 10yr old one a while back, and they love it. Just finished a 3 week trek with us out to Coongie Lakes and along some very rough tracks into station properties (plus floods etc).

The Getaway is not a Bushtracker, but then they do not cost $85,000 +.
They have an excellent reputation to date, so it is worth raising any concerns at this early stage. Also helps them in quality control.
( bigger the demand for a product = need more staff to build them = harder to keep an eye on everything. ). Perhaps drop them a line (just for the record).

I am also particular on build quality, so went over every wood joint in my campervan and used about 2 tubes of industrial liquid nails - just to be sure. Offroad camping demands a lot from these 'boxes', and corrugations give them a real work-over.

You chose one of the best on the market - take it back for any teething problems and
then just enjoy it..................happy camping...............Keith
AnswerID: 180360

Reply By: hazo - Monday, Jun 26, 2006 at 10:39

Monday, Jun 26, 2006 at 10:39
Hi Richard

Could not agree more, we bought a new Supreme Territory last year and have had heaps of "issues" with it! I too was accused by the dealer of being too piccky! Tried to contact factory to voice my concerns but no replies from ,mail phone ,e-mails etc. The dealer had it finally for last three months and we are still awaiting two items to be replaced.All faults are basically due to bad workmanship! don't think the factory has seen a tradesman! I heard that they had won an award for employing and re-training refugees! I don't know how true it is but if the quality of work is anything to go by it speaks for its self! I was also told by the dealer "its only a caravan what do you expect"
I know there are plenty of people out there who are happy with them,but we are not! Dealer said it was supremes policy not to deal direct with customer and will only talk to dealer over problems. When you have paid over sixty grand for a lemon it leaves a sour taste in your mouth.
Brian
AnswerID: 180374

Reply By: Travelling Pixie - Monday, Jun 26, 2006 at 12:57

Monday, Jun 26, 2006 at 12:57
You reckon they would have said that when they were trying to sell it to you in the first place?
AnswerID: 180401

Reply By: Mad Dog (Australia) - Monday, Jun 26, 2006 at 14:16

Monday, Jun 26, 2006 at 14:16
I think they're all much the same Richard so don't feel that yours is different to the rest of the pack. My new caravan had very poor workmanship as did my new camper. I got sick of the crap industry, I'll never buy another. Give me a good quality tent any day Thank God our motor vehicles aren't built to this standard.
AnswerID: 180417

Follow Up By: Tankman - Monday, Jun 26, 2006 at 19:56

Monday, Jun 26, 2006 at 19:56
Have a friend that had a flash Harry camper king of the road, his first camper only a couple little things wrong were fixed no probs.
A few years later upgraded to the new one had a couple major issues, all fixed now but it ment taking it back to the big smoke a couple of times at his expence to have things done that were wokmanship issues and anyone with some pride wouldn't of let it out the door.
I think the industry has grown faster than the people running them, can keep up.
So somethink suffers and it's one of the most important thing's Quality.
Not slinging mud.
Just my opinion.
FollowupID: 436712

Reply By: Richard Kovac - Monday, Jun 26, 2006 at 21:29

Monday, Jun 26, 2006 at 21:29
Hi all

And thanks for the replies

Had a good night's sleep and a think about it.

And we will have to accept the caravan as it is (and thought it would be that way) make our mods, repairs, and make it work.

(Sort of bleep es me off sometime that we (me & wife) don't spend more time looking at what we buy)

Like I said it's our first van and not just a caravan an off road-er!

If Supreme make it to a price and they can handle it sobeit (the van that is).

If it doesn't work out its always insured LOL.

Richard

AnswerID: 180493

Reply By: AJs Prado - Tuesday, Jun 27, 2006 at 11:40

Tuesday, Jun 27, 2006 at 11:40
It's not limited to Supreme, I am babysitting a Windsor Rapid offroad for my uncle and also can't believe how bad they are put to together for a brand new unit. He has since silicone sealed the aluminium end frames and roof to try and keep the dust out. Took him a good three weeks to really go over it and make it he was happy. Inside the trim was also no so crash, seemed like the apprentices might have finished it off before delivery.
AnswerID: 180564

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Tuesday, Jun 27, 2006 at 20:28

Tuesday, Jun 27, 2006 at 20:28
If you paid good money for it and its a hunk of bleep take it back. Tell them and show them how bleep poor their work is.
AnswerID: 180703

Follow Up By: Richard Kovac - Tuesday, Jun 27, 2006 at 20:36

Tuesday, Jun 27, 2006 at 20:36
Hi Truckster

As I've said before

If "they" believe this is the standard you build it to, I won't be taking it back.

We will fix it and make it work, also it's not as bad as it sounds it's all there just not as good as it could be

I've always said if I got a house built I would have to go away for a year, so I didn't see how it was built (most look good from the outside but crap in between)

Regards

Richard
FollowupID: 436959

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Tuesday, Jun 27, 2006 at 22:03

Tuesday, Jun 27, 2006 at 22:03
I'd still take it back, accepting their bleep work doesnt make it right
FollowupID: 436987

Reply By: Richard Kovac - Monday, Jul 10, 2006 at 01:07

Monday, Jul 10, 2006 at 01:07
Hi all

Had a second look at the van on the weekend and I am a bit happier
Started to make my own repairs and mods