CSR Fuel data

Submitted: Monday, Jun 26, 2006 at 07:31
ThreadID: 35273 Views:1631 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all
I am after the latest data on fuel usage up the CSR
I have an 80 series cruiser standard model diesel. We are leaving from Wiluna - hope to visit all wells and maybe subject to permits being available side trips to Calvert Range - Durba Springs etc. before arriving at Kunnawarriji.
I have checked the trip treks and fuel usage figures on this and other sites - big difference in figs. So I'm after some figs from those who have done this trip in the last 12 months for some idea as to wether to fit a long range tank or not. I have a sealed section in the back ready to be fitted that will accomodate 3 jerry cans (60Litres) which will make 195 Litres all up (I would not even consider this option with petrol) The figs I have seen for doing this section range from 180 Litres to 240 Litres and thats a big difference for the same vechicle and Kms.
Any Information would be most welcome.

Cheers
Mike

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Ian H (NSW) - Monday, Jun 26, 2006 at 19:24

Monday, Jun 26, 2006 at 19:24
You would find it a better trip over those dunes if you fit a turbo. I did and it is a different truck with no change in fuel useage.
AnswerID: 180468

Reply By: Harry - Monday, Jun 26, 2006 at 20:56

Monday, Jun 26, 2006 at 20:56
You'll need enough fuel to go 1100 k's to Kunnawarritji.
My figures were the same as for city driving and we were only averaging 30 to 40 k's an hour most times.
If you have a heavy foot , then you will use more fuel of course.
6.5 to 7 k's per litre in 78 series carrying 180 in standard tanks with 2 jerries for backup.
If there has been rain in the area, then the dunes will be easier to go over.
Our trip we travelled from Halls ck down to Wiluna and that is the way I would go again because of the run-up to the dunes on the south side was chewed up because of peanuts not deflating their tyres low enough.
20psi and 15 if sand is giving you a hard time.
It's a fantastic adventure, have a good 1.
AnswerID: 180487

Sponsored Links