Air Compressors

Submitted: Tuesday, Aug 14, 2001 at 00:00
ThreadID: 356 Views:1674 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
There are a couple of small compartments under the back seats of my NJ Pajero. One has the bottle jack in it and the other is empty.

I would like to mount an air compressor in there as it would be a great place to keep one out of the way, but still centrally mounted to allow me to drag the hose to each of the tyres and the trailer tyres.

It would also be a clean environment for the pump to operate in.

I can't fit a pump under the bonnet - the DOHC V6 and the dual battery system just don'e allow any space.

Anyway, the point of the post is:

"Does anyone know of a pump that will fit this space?"
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: J - Wednesday, Aug 15, 2001 at 00:00

Wednesday, Aug 15, 2001 at 00:00
Joe, Yeah I know the compartment but I don't think it's big enough and besides any compressor will get rather hot there with little air flow.
AnswerID: 895

Reply By: Fish - Monday, Aug 27, 2001 at 00:00

Monday, Aug 27, 2001 at 00:00
I have a NJ Firstly I would suggest you stick a plastic bottle and fill with water and stick this under the back seats to see how hot it gets before you cook a new compressor.Mine gets very hot in these compartments when the vehice has to work hard off road.i cooked a small first aid kit in mine.I have dual battries as well and my compressor fits under my bonnet Good Luck
AnswerID: 982

Follow Up By: Joe - Tuesday, Aug 28, 2001 at 00:00

Tuesday, Aug 28, 2001 at 00:00
Fish,

Thanks for the response - you are quite right, it does get hot in there but my reasoning was that compressors get hot when they are working so keeping it hot wouldn't do it any harm. After all, most people mount their compressors under the bonnet and it gets pretty bloody hot there as well!

Naieve huh?

What sort of compressor have you had fitted and where did you manage to get it mounted? I have asked TJM to mount a Big Red under the bonnet (at the same time as they were fitting the dual battery system) and they came back saying that they couldn't find enough room. I was surprised to say the least, but . . .

Chat soon.

Joe
FollowupID: 284

Follow Up By: Joe - Tuesday, Aug 28, 2001 at 00:00

Tuesday, Aug 28, 2001 at 00:00
Fish,

Thanks for the response - you are quite right, it does get hot in there but my reasoning was that compressors get hot when they are working so keeping it hot wouldn't do it any harm. After all, most people mount their compressors under the bonnet and it gets pretty bloody hot there as well!

Naieve huh?

What sort of compressor have you had fitted and where did you manage to get it mounted? I have asked TJM to mount a Big Red under the bonnet (at the same time as they were fitting the dual battery system) and they came back saying that they couldn't find enough room. I was surprised to say the least, but . . .

Chat soon.

Joe
FollowupID: 285

Sponsored Links