West of Cowan &/or Pilliga

Submitted: Sunday, Mar 02, 2003 at 19:58
ThreadID: 3622 Views:1719 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I've a week to "kill" in April and was thinking of exploring a couple of the NP's just west of Cowan - Weddin NP and Nanagar NP or heading up to the Pilliga. Has anyone been to/near either area recently who can provide an update on the conditions, please?

I'll also be taking 3 weeks in July and was considering the Broken Hill to Tibooburra, Sturt NP, Cameron's Corner, Innaminka & Cooper Ck. Is 3 weeks enough for the round trip from Sydney (I have family "in tow" so don't want to push it)? Is the run OK for an off-road camper-trailer? Can anyone report on current conditions? Has the recent rain had any impact?

Thanks
Rohan K
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Bob - Sunday, Mar 02, 2003 at 21:17

Sunday, Mar 02, 2003 at 21:17
Rohan,
Re your second question, if staying over at Broken Hill recommend visiting Silverton and a camp at Penrose Park. When planning your trip also consider the Bore Track from Cameron Corner as an option . When staying at Innaminka try at least one night out at Coongie Lakes. We also stayed at "Policemans" on the Cooper and found the cost of S.A. Desert Pass cheaper than daily permits. (Desert Pass comes with heaps of information and maps)
On the return trip we came accross a track which cuts across Qld from the Innaminka side of the Dig Tree back to Tibooburra, it passes through Santos and Orientos if my memory is correct and good campsites can be found beside (not In) the dry creek beds.
Should have no problem with a campertrailer.
Have Fun
Bob

AnswerID: 14324

Follow Up By: Member - Rohan K - Tuesday, Mar 04, 2003 at 14:31

Tuesday, Mar 04, 2003 at 14:31
Thanks Bob. Sounds like good spots to check out.
FollowupID: 8680

Sponsored Links