97 Triton

Submitted: Sunday, Mar 02, 2003 at 23:57
ThreadID: 3624 Views:2220 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
For ongoing costs like running costs , reliability and power in 4WD does anybody have any advive on a 97 V6 petrol Triton dual cab?
Like any problems i should look out for etc as i am purchasing one soon. Any helpful advice greatly appreciated.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Wombat - Monday, Mar 03, 2003 at 11:30

Monday, Mar 03, 2003 at 11:30
I have just traded my 2000 model dual cab on a new model. We had very few probs with the last one. The driver's seat had a tendency to come loose over a period of time but that was the only frustration. If you can live with the noisy gearbox (particularly the thrust bearing) they are great. We get 600km from the 75l tank and preventative maintenance has been our only other costs. Low range 4wd could be a little lower and 5th gear 2wd could be a little higher, but that's really nit picking. As for performance - don't expect to blow the doors of the first Porsche Cayenne that you see! Hope this is some help.
AnswerID: 14343

Reply By: link - Tuesday, Mar 04, 2003 at 01:29

Tuesday, Mar 04, 2003 at 01:29
Yeah thanks for that reply. I have noticed that the thrust bearing sounded a little noisy but the vehicle seems to drive well. What are they like off-road as it will be 3 months before i'm back on fraser island. As for speed well i didn't buy it for that and i don't want to set any speed records.
AnswerID: 14398

Sponsored Links