New Engel Fridges

Submitted: Thursday, Aug 16, 2001 at 00:00
ThreadID: 363 Views:2032 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Just as I was about to but an engel fridge they released a new "traveler" range. The bloke at the camping store didn't know a lot about it with regards to the differences in it compared to the normal engels.
If anyone knows the differences in the fridges (other then the only 12V and side opening lid) can you pease let me know.
Tim
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Geoff Waye - Friday, Aug 17, 2001 at 00:00

Friday, Aug 17, 2001 at 00:00
Tim have a look at this site
http://www.spinifex-creations.com.au/keepikool/refrigerators.htm
AnswerID: 919

Reply By: Alex Hollick - Tuesday, Aug 21, 2001 at 00:00

Tuesday, Aug 21, 2001 at 00:00
Tim, I don't know whether the "Traveller" is the latest update of the range of engel fridges, but the update I know about
means more insulation, quieter running, and less current draw than the previous range. The current range (and the previous ones)
will run at optimum efficiency on any voltage between 10.8 and 32, removing the need for adapters to use them in trucks, and
they cut out when the voltage reaches 10.8, so you should still be able to start in the morning. That said, don't rely on it, and either
fit a dual battery system or turn the fridge off overnight.
The quieter running should be an advantage, as I have the previous model 39L and it's a bit noisy with the compressor and fan running
in the night, especially if I sleep in the vehicle, which I occasionally do as a quick camp on long trips.
Cheers, Alex.
AnswerID: 935

Reply By: Geoff- Friday, Aug 24, 2001 at 00:00

Friday, Aug 24, 2001 at 00:00
Hi Grant
I to am trying to learn about fridges and in the 4wd nonthly Mag sept 2001 their is a great comparison story on about 10 fridges.I am sure after reading the story you will come up with the right fridge for yourself. The size is as joe said what ever size you buy you will fill. My pick would be the Evakool Downunder it's a 50L and as the book said - The Downunder was one of the best units, performing well in all tests. It's a 50L unit, which makes it excellent value for the performance. Good Luck

Geoff
AnswerID: 964

Reply By: Blackie - Friday, Sep 14, 2001 at 00:00

Friday, Sep 14, 2001 at 00:00
I've come across the engel traveller i believe its only available as a 39-4o litre model minus the
240v inbuilt It a much more spartan model. white. no fan, same motor (swing) but I;m not sure
if it uses the danfoss compressor.

Ive seen them priced $300.00 below the standard model price.
If you have more info I'd like to know.
Blackie.
AnswerID: 1076

Sponsored Links