HIRE

Submitted: Monday, Mar 03, 2003 at 15:05
ThreadID: 3630 Views:1898 Replies:3 FollowUps:8
This Thread has been Archived
DOES ANY COMPANIES HIRE 4WD EQUIPMENT LIKE HAND WINCHES
EXHAUST JACKS AND SO ON LIVE IN MELBOURNE PLANNING A SIX WEEK
TRIP IN THE OUTTBACK AND DONT FANCY BUYING ALL THE EQUIPMENT I NEED ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Cairns Offroad Training & Tours - Monday, Mar 03, 2003 at 22:54

Monday, Mar 03, 2003 at 22:54
I can hire complete recovery kits, unfortunately for you I am in Cairns, but great for anyone one there way to the Cape.
Cheers Rob
Cairns Offroad Training & Tours
www.4wdtraining.com
4wdtraining@cairns.net.au
www.cedarparkresort.com.au
AnswerID: 14386

Follow Up By: Member - Moggs - Tuesday, Mar 04, 2003 at 11:00

Tuesday, Mar 04, 2003 at 11:00
Schlick Rob, nice bit of advertising on top of your subtle username and ever present contact details. Don't see your name in the advertising list for tours or training - don't even see the "Member" tag on the banner. Take advantage of the free nature of this website?? - wouldn't do a tour with you - seem a bit cheap to me. Oh yeah, the blind thread from a couple of days ago - I wasn't suggesting his car would be totalled, or that you need to drive irresponsibly to get there - if someone refers to their GU as 'darling' my point was it won't be so 'darling' when it returns ie. dirt ands dust everywhere, duco scratches etc, normal wear and tear on interior. You say that you would be disappointed if any of your customers return with any scratches or damage - I reckon they would be pretty damn disappointed anyway if you run your tours the way you run your advertising.
Cheers Moggs
Free to Web Advertising & Rip Off
www. shonk.com
somethingfornothing @shonk.net.au
www.noconscienceresort.com.au
FollowupID: 8662

Follow Up By: Member - Mal - Tuesday, Mar 04, 2003 at 11:34

Tuesday, Mar 04, 2003 at 11:34
Hey Moggs, Come on, say what you really think!!!
Mal T.
FollowupID: 8664

Follow Up By: Member - Moggs - Tuesday, Mar 04, 2003 at 13:14

Tuesday, Mar 04, 2003 at 13:14
Mal, I'm not into criticising posts, however in this instance I couldn't help myself. Someone asked a decent question and Rob didn't answer it, just used the question as an opportunity to further his own business interests. Each to their own, its not my website, however I think it is worthy of note as it's not the first instance of this person doing this. I apologise to those who don't like to read this kind of followup.
FollowupID: 8673

Follow Up By: Rob Berrill - Tuesday, Mar 04, 2003 at 20:09

Tuesday, Mar 04, 2003 at 20:09
Dear Moggs,
I have been advertising on this site both tours and training for a couple of years now. My answer to the hire question was a direct response to a question. I always print my details because I am not ashamed of who I am or what I have to say. Who or what is Moggs. What blind thread are you refering to? I alway have my company name or personal name on every reply depending on which computer I answer from and where I am. My reply was not an afront to you Moggs, I feel ppl are sometimes intimidated by the thought of a trip to the Cape that thier vehicle may be damaged. The trip can be as tuff or as easy as you care to make it. Our indigenous friends regularly run up and down in conventional cars. Late last year I spoke to a family in Bamaga who had driven down to Cairns in thier Falcon for a funeral in 18 hours. Relax Moggs...be cool ;-)
Cheers Rob
Cairns Offroad Training & Tours
www.4wdtraining.com
4wdtraining@cairns.net.au
www.cedarparkresort.com.au
FollowupID: 8695

Follow Up By: Member - Moggs - Tuesday, Mar 04, 2003 at 21:38

Tuesday, Mar 04, 2003 at 21:38
Rob, red face time - I was wrong and I apologise - I searched long and hard thru the site and could not locate your business - was looking in the member rewards section for advertiser discounts - now know that it doesn't list all advertisers - just those who offer incentives. I apologise and it was out of order - still dislike people who piggy-back their business for free (obviously your not one of them). If I could remove my original quote I would. I hope my error didn't offend too much. I'll try and be a bit more thorough prior to shooting my mouth off. Best all Moggs
FollowupID: 8696

Follow Up By: Rob Berrill - Tuesday, Mar 04, 2003 at 21:55

Tuesday, Mar 04, 2003 at 21:55
Thanks for the apology. No harm done. life goes on.
Cheers Rob
FollowupID: 8699

Reply By: Nat - Tuesday, Mar 04, 2003 at 00:44

Tuesday, Mar 04, 2003 at 00:44
Try this link http://www.landwide.com.au/4wdrecovery.html
AnswerID: 14397

Follow Up By: Rowena - Tuesday, Mar 04, 2003 at 08:40

Tuesday, Mar 04, 2003 at 08:40
I can thoroughly recommend John from Landwide - he is very friendly and helpful
FollowupID: 8657

Reply By: Member - Bob - Tuesday, Mar 04, 2003 at 11:03

Tuesday, Mar 04, 2003 at 11:03
www.desertaccess.com.au
AnswerID: 14405

Follow Up By: ROBERT - Tuesday, Mar 04, 2003 at 12:53

Tuesday, Mar 04, 2003 at 12:53
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP WILL GET IN CONTACT WITH BOTH COMPANIES THANKS ONCE AGAIN ROB
FollowupID: 8670

Sponsored Links