Need For Desert Parks Pass

Submitted: Tuesday, Mar 04, 2003 at 22:42
ThreadID: 3662 Views:1702 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
We plan to spend two days around Innamincka. Is a deserts parks pass required, or are there other less expensive options? We already ahve all the maps etc....

Col
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - David - Tuesday, Mar 04, 2003 at 23:03

Tuesday, Mar 04, 2003 at 23:03
Colin,

All of your questions are answered in our Strzelecki Track trek notes. You do not need a permit to camp in the Innamincka area, you will need it to visit Coongie Lakes. Anyway have a look at the trek note as Michelle rewrote it two days ago after spending many hours on the phone with people in Innamincka.

Enjoy.
David
AnswerID: 14456

Reply By: Frank - Wednesday, Mar 05, 2003 at 09:53

Wednesday, Mar 05, 2003 at 09:53
Colin,
My son and I spent 4 days in Innamincka October last year. The desert parks pass is required for camping anywhere other than the Innamincka common, which is just out of town (500m down the road). I spoke to some of the locals and regular visitors at the pub, who hinted that if you are just staying for a couple of days in the same spot then forego the pass, because it's too expensive and the rangers don't like to get out. The common normally gets pretty crowded though, because it's so close to town and the pub (crawl home).
We stayed at policeman's water hole (10ks out), nice spot, plenty of fish in Cooper creek. The pub puts on a Sunday roast which is a great way to spend the evening. The boys running the Pub were great (Hi Des).

Regards
Frank
AnswerID: 14477

Sponsored Links