Gibb River Road in November

Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 05, 2003 at 06:07
ThreadID: 3668 Views:1788 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi,

thanks to John from Derby for answering my last question!

I was just wondering if the conditions in GRR are better in November? Do many people travel it at this time of year?

thanks.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Coops - Wednesday, Mar 05, 2003 at 08:43

Wednesday, Mar 05, 2003 at 08:43
Road will be closed as will access to most stations and gorges
AnswerID: 14471

Reply By: JohnS - Wednesday, Mar 05, 2003 at 23:48

Wednesday, Mar 05, 2003 at 23:48
November and December are little different. A few more things may be still open. You have to watch the weather info on the BOM web site. It is very informative and can give you upto date info on rainfall at many locations in the Kimberley. If you watch it every day leading up to your entry in the area you will have a good feel for how early or late the wet season is opening. Also ExplorOz will have the road conditions info as well.

JohnS
AnswerID: 14539

Reply By: Coops - Thursday, Mar 06, 2003 at 10:26

Thursday, Mar 06, 2003 at 10:26
Bearing in mind that if your halfway through GRR and Hughie "sends 'er down" then you could be stuck for a very, very long time.
It will also be unbearably humid and hot as I'm sure John pointed out. Temperatures in the 40's are not uncommon in November/December and when you couple that with high humidity,well you've got yourself an experience to remember.
I personally would dearly love to see some of the gorges in the wet but it's a highly improbable situation.
AnswerID: 14553

Sponsored Links