Leaky Turbo

Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 05, 2003 at 20:41
ThreadID: 3681 Views:1377 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
OK Gurus, here's a little question for you.
I have a 2.7 TD Terrano and when doing the weekly check under the bonnet, I noticed some fresh looking oil sitting on the manifold. It appeared to have come from a section of 2" rubber hose joining two cast sections of the turbo to manifold pipe.
Are there any Nissan owners out there who have seen this before?If it is a leaky seal in the turbo as I suspect, any idea on how much this is going to hurt the hip pocket?
Thanking you all in advance.
PJ
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: goodsy - Wednesday, Mar 05, 2003 at 21:39

Wednesday, Mar 05, 2003 at 21:39
How much oil?? Is it just seeping out or a drip. Turbo diesels a notorious for pushing oil out where rubber hose joins to piping on boost side. Have you noticed any oil loss. Oil will have come from rocker cover and maybe a bit from turbo. If only seeping and no noticable oil loss nothing to worry about. Just tighten hose clamps and wipe of oil. Had a turbo diesel hilux that did the same thing and could not stop it. Old mans 2.8 GQ did the same from new. Got a mate with a 4.2T GU doing the same from new, much to his annoyment.
AnswerID: 14530

Follow Up By: Pj - Wednesday, Mar 05, 2003 at 21:45

Wednesday, Mar 05, 2003 at 21:45
It's only a seep. What you have said lines up pretty much with what the dealer I purchased the vehicle from said. I just wanted to make sure he wasn't trying to dodge out of any warranty responsibilities (as if a car dealer would (TVFIC)).
FollowupID: 8765

Sponsored Links