Info on the Stock Routes of NSW

Submitted: Thursday, Mar 06, 2003 at 20:18
ThreadID: 3695 Views:3977 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Does anybody have any information on travelling the stock routes in NSW. Can you drive along them "I mean a 4wd, not sheep or cattle", can you camp, take your dog, do you need permits and where can you find a map. Any info would be appreciated.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bruce- Friday, Mar 07, 2003 at 01:20

Friday, Mar 07, 2003 at 01:20
The stock routes are controlled by the local Pastures Protection Boards, I would try calling them first and they should have all the info you require.

AnswerID: 14605

Reply By: Member - Bernie. - Friday, Mar 07, 2003 at 01:37

Friday, Mar 07, 2003 at 01:37
Try "Rural Land Protection Board" NSW
Some stock routes have road reserves (paddocks attached) every so often, used to camp on one near hay on the murrumbidge river.

Cheers Bernie
AnswerID: 14606

Reply By: Member - Des - Saturday, Mar 08, 2003 at 21:08

Saturday, Mar 08, 2003 at 21:08
Flynn, you can camp and take your dog and your cat and your pet kanga if you want, these area,s are contoled by the PPB, but they were originally established for drovers with stock etc, they are usually on olde stock routes as a result. Don,t burn em out take your rubbish, don,t interfere with drovers stock, or the drover,s...and there will be no poblem. You should fine one every 5 miles. Maps are probably in the drovers heads. All the best Des.
AnswerID: 14679

Sponsored Links