T.V. aerials

Submitted: Friday, Mar 07, 2003 at 22:24
ThreadID: 3711 Views:1539 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I've got one of those Digitor portable telly's from Dick Smith. I got it a couple of years ago and the bloke managed to sucker me into buying one of those ufo looking aerials that uses a booster. Although it works well there are too many wires running everywhere and it's not worth the effort. It's ok for caravans but for a basic setup in 4x4 - too much.
Does anyone know of good aerials that a small and compact. I've noticed those polypipe t-piece types which appeal to me but are they good?

P.S. The built in aerial is useless unless out in the open.
Chris
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Craig - Saturday, Mar 08, 2003 at 10:21

Saturday, Mar 08, 2003 at 10:21
Chris , we have got the same however we use it with the 12v video , The kids watch movies whilst we travel, looking forward to seeing what responses you get due to we have the same issue,
Word of warning be prepared to get battered around the head on this one , the majority of answers I got when asking about playstation and DVD`s were mainly "theres better thing to do in the bush"
Regards
Craig.
AnswerID: 14657

Follow Up By: Chris - Saturday, Mar 08, 2003 at 13:52

Saturday, Mar 08, 2003 at 13:52
I know what you mean Craig. We usually only take it with us when we know we will be spending time in caravan parks. When we're in the 'bush' it never works anyway unless just out of a town. I'll admit that after dirtying up in the bush for days on end it's a treat to stop at a van park, hot shower then watch a little t.v. I was given rubbish by fellow campers/4w4ers years ago about using my home made hot shower system. Now everywhere you go a twine or a glind is in action. What happened to a wash in the cold creek? haha.
Cheers
Chris
FollowupID: 8867

Sponsored Links