tyres

Submitted: Friday, Mar 07, 2003 at 22:33
ThreadID: 3712 Views:1855 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Gday all,
With all the interest on the forum about tyres,
I thaught I mention that I fitted an set of Firestone Firehawk R M T's to my 85 "Jacko" a while back and am verry happy with them,so far.
Only $150 ea for my 9.5r15's or about $160 for 10.5's,got mine at Bridgestone tyre centre,gave them an good work out so far very impresed.
Even quiet on the road(no I don't work for an tyre company)but I am an experenced off roader,just not a rich one, it costs nothing to look,could save some bucks.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Truckster - Friday, Mar 07, 2003 at 23:44

Friday, Mar 07, 2003 at 23:44
Are they the ones that look like BFG AT??

had a look at some at Bridgestone yesterday while getting flat tire sorted out.

They look VERY nice... but its the psyco thing on Firestone tires and the USA.... with the Ford Exploders! Just couldnt do it... + they didnt have 33/35x12.5!
AnswerID: 14641

Reply By: diamond - Saturday, Mar 08, 2003 at 16:40

Saturday, Mar 08, 2003 at 16:40
i work for a tyre company also a key firestone dealer and as far as the explorer thing goes we get heaps of people asking about the explorer thing but that was one perticular tyre fitted only to usa models and nothing to do with the tyres you get here but back to what you said the firestone rmt are quite a good tyre but have seen some do 80000 and also some do 25000 because they are made in different countries they are nearly identical to the bfg but in my opinion not quite as good there is a few differences .i run coopers on my gq st for normal driving but when i go away for a weekend i have a set of cooper stt similar patern again to firestone and bfg but with major differences and we dont sell cooper not because we dont want to we would love to but cooper have a certain amount of dealers per area in in bendigo someone else has it
AnswerID: 14672

Sponsored Links