HF radio in a new TD landcruiser

Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 12, 2003 at 02:07
ThreadID: 3786 Views:1831 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
In the new 100 series Turbo I have been told there is a problem with interferance on the HF radio when driving. I was told the injector pump caused noise on the HF. Has anybody experianced this and is there a fix. I am thinking of installing an HF set but this would make it usless unless you stopped to use it.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bob Y. - Wednesday, Mar 12, 2003 at 07:58

Wednesday, Mar 12, 2003 at 07:58
This was mentioned here some months ago, don't think any TD owners were too happy. Barret were doing some research on problem. Thread would be in archives now. Hooroo...
AnswerID: 14916

Reply By: Member - Dingley - Wednesday, Mar 12, 2003 at 09:33

Wednesday, Mar 12, 2003 at 09:33
Big problem on my TD Jack - guru tells me it may "tune out-able" on the Barrett in some vehicles (there is a little pot or something that can be tweaked) BUT the Landcruiser is alleged to be un-fixable. It is highly likely that you will have to stop to communicate (sucks eh ?). If you put the antenna down the back it will make no difference - the interference from these systems is so strong and the radios "receive" so well !
AnswerID: 14920

Reply By: Member - Peter- Saturday, Mar 15, 2003 at 21:33

Saturday, Mar 15, 2003 at 21:33
I install HF and cb's in vehicles and there are quite a few vehicles that have problems with interference.
Toyota's have always had a problem with the oil pressure sender making a wirring noise, TD5 Landies have a similar problem to the new TDI Landcruisers, the electronic injection system causes heaps of interference, in fact anything with EFI both diesel and petrol create an unacceptable amount of interference.
I used to have fun with the early v6 Pajero's in my diesel Landcruiser, they would pull up in the next lane at the lights or pull out to overtake on a hill and if you hit the tune button on the Codan on a certain frequency the old Paj would get the staggers and fall behind, could be quite funny imagining the other drivers reaction to his vehicle stumbling everytime it approached the Toyota. You could kill L series Subies too!

Peter
AnswerID: 15274

Sponsored Links