GU Patrols Rear Door Dust sealing

Submitted: Thursday, Aug 23, 2001 at 00:00
ThreadID: 379 Views:1961 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Has any GU Patrol wagon owner found that the rear door on the wagons don't seal too well and let the dust in? Apparently this is common for the GU and according to Nissan they have no remedy. Has anybody overcome this at all, and how? - Thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: will - Friday, Aug 24, 2001 at 00:00

Friday, Aug 24, 2001 at 00:00
Russell,
Nissan are helpless, you can adjust it to the point where it does not leak.
They also have a problem whereby the bottom latch disengages.
There is also a fix from Nissan whereby the change all the seals.
I personally adjusted mine as it used to pop open and it is now OK, no dust and does not pop up, does not squeek.
It is quite tricky to adjust properly...but Nissan employs all aprentices!!!
AnswerID: 960

Reply By: Geoff- Friday, Aug 24, 2001 at 00:00

Friday, Aug 24, 2001 at 00:00
Hi Russell,
I have a new Jackaroo and the dust comes up the drain holes in the rear doors and through the door trim any were it can.The dust also comes in through the rear door seals sometimes. I am told this is common for barn style doors.I know I wasen't told this before I brought the car.
Good Luck!

Geoff
AnswerID: 965

Reply By: Jim searle - Sunday, Aug 26, 2001 at 00:00

Sunday, Aug 26, 2001 at 00:00
Nissan put a kit in mine after a lot of complaining. Just crossed the Simpson and it did not seem to make much difference. We did not get too much in but it was enough to be a nuisance. Also you really have to slam that back door!!!
AnswerID: 971

Reply By: Steve - Wednesday, Aug 29, 2001 at 00:00

Wednesday, Aug 29, 2001 at 00:00
Nissan had a kit of new seasl for the early models, the seals should have been standard on 1999 onward vehicles. I get a bit of dust which catches in the top door seal and spills in when you open the door. You can get a dust deflector from Nissan (and possibly other sources) which will help to keep the top seal clean and reduce the dust ingress. And I also have to slam the rear door very hard, plus it squeaks a lot with the 285 mud tyres on.

Steve
AnswerID: 992

Sponsored Links