National Luna Fridges

Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 12, 2003 at 22:45
ThreadID: 3813 Views:4602 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Does anyone own a National Luna Fridge? ....And if so what do you think of it.........I am particularly interested in power consumption, general performance and reliability. I understand they are fairly new but here's hoping someone out there has one.

Thanks Geoff
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: paul - Thursday, Mar 13, 2003 at 11:05

Thursday, Mar 13, 2003 at 11:05
Hey Geoff

I don't have one but have been looking at their website a bit. What i did not like about the dual fridge/freezer model was that the freezer compartment was bigger than the fridge compartment. As we go out we transfer stuff from freezer to fridge. Can't under stand why you would make a freezer bigger than a fridge, the obvious draw back of that design is that when your freezer is empty but you still still want the fridge operational you are losing all this power to keep the freezer at its lowest temperature when you are not using it.

Try looking at Explorer and Snapper brand fridge/freezer combos.

Also, i have Sth African friends who say there is no space program in Sth Africa.
AnswerID: 15054

Follow Up By: Geoff - Thursday, Mar 13, 2003 at 19:15

Thursday, Mar 13, 2003 at 19:15
Yes I agree Paul, they have the fridge freezer sizes around the wrong way to be really useful. I do like the idea of two doors though so you don't allow hot air into both areas when accessing the fridge. And I like the idea of being able to use the complete unit as a fridge if required which you cannot do with the Explorer. Like most things they all seem to have various strengths and weeknesses.

Cheers Geoff
FollowupID: 9166

Follow Up By: Scott - Thursday, Mar 13, 2003 at 21:45

Thursday, Mar 13, 2003 at 21:45
National Luna is another Danfoss powered fridge. A bus operator I know has them fitted and has had no problems.

South Africa is a leader with France is rocket science and nuclear technology. Some of the locals may not fully aware of the expertise available locally. When you consider that South Africa manufactures locally 94% advanced fighter aircraft and has large technology deals with France and Israel you cannot discount them as a country. South Africa is also a leader in Cactus missles and other advanced nuculear technology, and holds some of the more significant patents in nuculear technology incleading fast breeder reactors. I have personally visited the installations in South Africa. Yes, I do have other interests and expertise besides being a tour bus chef.
FollowupID: 9177

Reply By: paul - Thursday, Mar 13, 2003 at 21:55

Thursday, Mar 13, 2003 at 21:55
I stand corrected scott, never said my friends knew much - i'll correct them on their home country next time we meet.

Also, i didn't realise the lunar could be set so both compartments operate as fridges, that is good. The explorer has a lid, would be more effective with insulation like the lunar, but would not take much to do that yourself if you were that keen. I haven't tried to use the explorer freezer as a fridge - in theory i can't see why - has more cooling pipes than the fridge compartment but that does't mean , well maybe it does, hmm i can feel some testing coming on ...
AnswerID: 15149

Reply By: paul - Thursday, Mar 13, 2003 at 21:55

Thursday, Mar 13, 2003 at 21:55
I stand corrected scott, never said my friends knew much - i'll correct them on their home country next time we meet.

Also, i didn't realise the lunar could be set so both compartments operate as fridges, that is good. The explorer has a lid, would be more effective with insulation like the lunar, but would not take much to do that yourself if you were that keen. I haven't tried to use the explorer freezer as a fridge - in theory i can't see why - has more cooling pipes than the fridge compartment but that does't mean , well maybe it does, hmm i can feel some testing coming on ...
AnswerID: 15150

Sponsored Links